594 Owners, your thoughts on the 58/15 LTs?

I have 2 594s. The 58/15 in the neck is a league of its own.
As a humbucker, its everything you ever imagined a neck humbucker to be. Sweet and warm yet clear and sparkly. Overtones galore. I A Bed it vs. a PRS singlecut from 2002 yesterday and was shocked at the difference.

Split neck is another masterful sound. Its not a strat but it sound like a single coil alright and you will not be wanting for high end.

Bridge humbucker (which is exactly the same as neck ) is where many think it needs more bite. I actually disagree. I think with a boost pedal it does just fine and one appreciates the clarity. I play everything from 70s rock to modern technical metal on it and it works just fine.

Bridge split is where i have spent the least time but I do know it can do the tele thing with the right amp tone shaping.

Net in my POV , the 58/15 LTs may just be one of the best humbuckers out there

I had an earlier WL 594. I will replace it. The replacement will have stock pickups. I've heard sometime around the TCI version, and maybe a bit before, they upped the output on the bridge pickup just a touch. Can anyone confirm this? If so I won't mind. I had to do some pickup height tweaking to get them balanced. And even then I felt the neck was just a bit louder than the bridge. But man I did love that bridge PU.

I had an earlier WL 594. I will replace it. The replacement will have stock pickups. I've heard sometime around the TCI version, and maybe a bit before, they upped the output on the bridge pickup just a touch. Can anyone confirm this? If so I won't mind. I had to do some pickup height tweaking to get them balanced. And even then I felt the neck was just a bit louder than the bridge. But man I did love that bridge PU.
I think it was only on the Singlecut model. TCI +, or something like that. Tim and Howard talk about it in this video.

I have only had my 594 for a little over a week now and the 58/15LT is fast becoming my favourite neck pick up. I like how it splits too. I bought a used 594 so I don’t have the new TCI pickups either.

I just recently got my 594 SC & I love the 58/15 pickups. I prefer low/medium pickups in general, but I think they're great. They're responsive & like great pickups should, they have that extra gear in the last 10% of the taper.

Both 58/15LTs in my PS 594 read 7.9k DC and I find the neck too woolly and the treble a bit too thin. I've just ordered some custom PAF-types to replace them with a slightly hotter bridge and a weaker neck.

I prefer medium-heat pickups and definitely a calibrated set, so they're not really my thing.

Both 58/15LTs in my PS 594 read 7.9k DC and I find the neck too woolly and the treble a bit too thin. I've just ordered some custom PAF-types to replace them with a slightly hotter bridge and a weaker neck.

I prefer medium-heat pickups and definitely a calibrated set, so they're not really my thing.

I hate to keep harping on this--and I'm aware that people enjoying buying things and trying them out--but for the symptoms you describe, have you tried simply raising or lowering your pickups? Pickup height makes a huge difference.

Just my $.02

I've spent a lot of time dialing in my amp to a happy place between the neck and bridge of my 594. I'm not quite there yet either. I tend to keep both volumes and both tones rolled down to around 7 for "normal" paying. I find that when volumes are fully open, the treble increases quite a bit, especially on the bridge - that is with the treble and mid on my amp to to about 11 o'clock and 10 o'clock respectively.

Also, I like have the volumes down a tad so I can compensate for the drop when splitting (or just to goose gain when in humbucker mode).

They're both pretty responsive to volume and tone controls, which I like. There are a lot of tones in there to find.

I hate to keep harping on this--and I'm aware that people enjoying buying things and trying them out--but for the symptoms you describe, have you tried simply raising or lowering your pickups? Pickup height makes a huge difference.

Just my $.02

Yes, I've had the guitar several months and have made lots of adjustments and I'm still not happy. This isn't my first rodeo ;)

Matching lower output pickups may work for some, but not for me.

Just my $.02

4¢.

Back