59/09 Pickups

DaveP

Wherever you go, that's where you are.
Does PRS make 59/09 pickups that are NOT the square ones? Been looking all over for a normal set.
The square ones look, well, off. Not normal. Frankly can't stand the look of them.

To each their own. I think theyre bada$$, and unique. That said, you may see a covered set come up on the used market from time to time. Uncovered, they only come with the squabbins. I don’t believe PRS sells any of the covered version though.

Happy hunting!

Thanks, I guess I am more traditional. The round bobbin is what I am used to seeing for the last 45 years.

Correct, used is the only way to go for rounded or covered these days. PRS only sells squabbins in the accessory store now.

PTC may outfit the round or covered for you?

They used to. Those are tough to come by these days though. I have a covered, unetched one in the bridge of my HB. I do like the Squabbin ones but those are the majority on the market these days.

If you keep your eyes peeled you can find some unique ones out there.

When the square version first came out I did not like them. But, if you think about it they are better because no dust and dirt can get down there and be visible. Now, when I see a guitar with the round version I think they look off except certain guitars. I love the square look now. Another great PRS innovation.

Back