513 rosewood question

Anachronism

Bassist with a guitar habit
Were all the 2004 and 2005 513s made with Brazilian rosewood? I know that they switched over to mahogany or sometimes Indian Rosewood by 2007.
Thanks

I think the originals were called “513 Rosewood” through 2006, then after had Brazilian or Indian rosewoods or mahogany afterwards. I have two ‘07 Brazilian neck units, so they were available that way, it just was no longer standard. That’s just from what I recall, though others might correct that recollection.

What complicates things even more, is that all modcats state indian Rosewood...
Yikes. So did they ever use Indian Rosewood in those first years? Because that would make sorting them out really difficult.

If I am not mistaken, all early ones up to 2007 were BRW. I believe in 2007 some of them stayed half finished in the factory along some modern eagles and other Brazilian rosewood equipped guitars until 2012ish were they managed to sort the paperwork for them and release them for sale.

If I am not mistaken, all early ones up to 2007 were BRW. I believe in 2007 some of them stayed half finished in the factory along some modern eagles and other Brazilian rosewood equipped guitars until 2012ish were they managed to sort the paperwork for them and release them for sale.
So…if I see a 2004-2006 for a good price, I should jump on it is my takeaway.

Back