408 pickup

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Can anybody tell me if a 408 bridge p-up will fit on say a custom 24 and work with 5 way blade? I hhave found a cu24 I would like to have but I don't care for the HFS and want to know my options. Would love a 5708 for bridge and would consider the "m" p-up. I have a cu24 with 5909s so I have that covered,

Thanks in advance.

nope, not possible. The pickup cavities are very different. You can get yourself a 408 (MT/Standard to choose from), it's basically a CU22 (less 2 frets, not a big deal) with the 408 pickups. PRS has yet to come up with a 408-24 :laugh:

I'd try the \m/ pickup too. If you want more PAF type sound, 5708.

Yes a 408 will go in there (I've seen a photo of a conversion) but the only way to put one in there is to have it done by the PTC. You can't even buy a 408 without it being installed by the PTC.

As for 5-way compatibility, I could be wrong but I don't think so. I dare say that with what needs to happen when they are "tapped", there wouldn't be an allowance for the 4-conductors needed for usual 5-way switching.

Private Stock has made at least one if not several.

My apologies, I should probably rephrase myself! PRS has yet to put out a 408-24 in the Core line. I've seen the PS once but I totally forgot about it! :dontknow:

Back