408 fake???

I don't see anything fake about it. Looks 100% legit. If it's a fake it's the absolute best I've seen. Even the serial number is accurate to the one or two years they made the solid mahogany 408s.

Thanks guys. He was concerned since it didn't have the maple top and the way the ad was laid out it looked like some other confirmed scams I had seen in the past. I appreciate the feedback and am sure he will as well.

I realize you very well could customize without the maple top just the ad concerned him. But looks like a few custom options.

Straight up legit. The soft case is a switch as it would have been sold with a hard case. It is indeed all hog instead of the maple cap but that is standard (pun intended).

Legit. We got your back (and your buddy's back). Looks like someone kept the hard case for themselves and swapped for the the SE bag.

I say it every time: I've yet to see a fake that comes even remotely close to the real deal. Far too many proprietary parts and design details to copy.

No concerns that I can see. The bag is a swap, as was mentioned.

BTW - they sound great! That's a great deal. Congrats to your buddy.

Straight up legit. The soft case is a switch as it would have been sold with a hard case. It is indeed all hog instead of the maple cap but that is standard (pun intended).
Probably selling the hard case separately.

Back