21 Years Later, "That" Tone Is Back In My Quiver!

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Gigged my recently acquired 22 Soapy last night for the first time. Yep, that certain tone I've been missing since 2001 is back in the band mix!
FLzAo3m.jpg

rNSpWOT.jpg

O0Bh3hO.jpg

I'll get a pic up soon, but yes, this guitar was built in the "One dot at the 12th fret era." LOL

Wanted to represent! "A Farewell To Kings" will always be my favorite RUSH album, and thought it fitting this weekend in memory of Neil.
A Farewell To Kings is also my favorite Rush album. And, if I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life, it would be Xanadu!

I’ve always thought that if I got a P90 guitar, it would probably be a fixed bridge 2 pickup, single cut type, since the P90 tones I loved in the past were Les Pauls. However, I’d love to try one like this to see if it changed my mind.

I know how magic an NF pickup is in the middle position, and wonder if this has a similar magic to offer.

I’ve always thought that if I got a P90 guitar, it would probably be a fixed bridge 2 pickup, single cut type, since the P90 tones I loved in the past were Les Pauls. However, I’d love to try one like this to see if it changed my mind.

I know how magic an NF pickup is in the middle position, and wonder if this has a similar magic to offer.
I never put the trem bar in. AND to my ears, all 5 switch positions sound really good and are completely usable.

Back