2020 Modern Eagle V tuning issues

Medic_Aaron

Evening everyone-I’m new to the PRS world and have had a 2020 Modern Eagle V 10 top for about 3 weeks now and I’m having an annoying issue.... The guitar was brand new when I purchased and had it looked at by the tech at the shop I purchased it from and he said it was set up properly. My biggest issue is that this thing refuses to stay in tune despite lubing the nut-I don’t even dare use the term system as it knocks it out even further. I’m in no way a shredder so I’m not doing dive bombs or anything like that but I like to use the term for subtle accents and what not.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I'll have this happen with new unbroken in strings and dead strings. I would push down on each of the 6 strings with your finger right next to the saddle..and retune..if the strings are lightly played then sometimes that can help stabilize the setup. Another idea (which is highly unlikely) making sure the bridge is set on the knife edges perfectly..being a new guitar and looked over by a tech..I'd expect it is.

Edit: After looking at JonH's thread..wow it seems the bridge is a possible culprit.

Double check the string lock screws on the tuners. If they didn’t get tightened enough, everything will look fine but you will get tuning issues. Give them all a little more tightening and see if that changes anything.

If it was restrung by either your tech, or you, make sure there are no string wraps around the post.

I wish I could just copy and paste what I always say.
Do not "LUBE" the nut.
The guitar just needs to be played the nut will " break in "
This is what I do if I have an issue.
Tune guitar UP to pitch
Aggressively use the trem ( dive bombs etc )
Give it a small wiggle after.
Tune up to pitch again.
Repeat
Tuning will get better.
Have a blast !!!!

I wish I could just copy and paste what I always say.
Do not "LUBE" the nut.
The guitar just needs to be played the nut will " break in "
This is what I do if I have an issue.
Tune guitar UP to pitch
Aggressively use the trem ( dive bombs etc )
Give it a small wiggle after.
Tune up to pitch again.
Repeat
Tuning will get better.
Have a blast !!!!
Mike knows what he’s talking about. Do this!

Back