hah! The SE-7 gets a new scale length and a new name, the SVN! 26.5" scale, just like the special run from Axe Palace (but the stock SE has a rosewood FB, while I really like the ebony FB on the AP special run).

And the same 85/15 "S" pups as the AP run. Cool!

Interesting that 57/08 "S" in the Robertson model. How close to the USA made will be?

Interesting that 57/08 "S" in the Robertson model. How close to the USA made will be?

I was just thinkin' about those! Damn, I wonder if they plan on making a bass pickup too?

The multi foil would be outta this world if they had just stuck to one or two colors.

I must say I'm not impressed again, the SE SVN is the only interesting one for me, with a pickup change I'm sure it would be just as id like it.

However, the opportunities:

SE 5 String (Active and Passive versions) - The bass guys need a pair of 5 string basses in the range
SE 245 Maple (A SE 245 with a Maple fretboard) - A Singlecut SE version of the SE Custom Maples that are going around at the moment
SE 250-H (SE One/250 Hybrid but with a single 59/09 or \m/ Humbucker) - A Modern metal monster for those who just need a guitar to rip
S2 7 Singlecut - Its time there was a USA made 7 string and this may be the way into the range
S2 Signature series (3 or 5 artists) - 3 deserving artists need a S2, two upgrades from the SE line and one from the core for a more affordable one, Myers/Holcomb/DGT to add to the VR Vela?
Core SC250 reintroduction - Its needed
Archon 25 - Again, needed
PRS Pedals? - Could a range of PRS pedals be added? Would people buy them in this congested market place?

Faded whale semi-hollow, faded whale semi-hollow, faded whale semi-hollow! With a side of 594 SC please Santa. I haven’t been on the naughty step all year:)

I am stoked about the SVN. I didn't realize until that video that they incorporated the plate style bridge from the Holcomb -- my absolute favouritest bridge ever. So comfy. And the 85/15"S" pickups sound magnificent. But I'm not buying a second one until I get used to the longer scale length.

Plus, now at least I know what to call it.

The 24-08 into the core line is really great, too. Been mildly GASsing after one of those, now I can order one with a maple neck like I want.

I too, would like to see a singlecut archtop of some variety in the core line. I'm afraid to take mine out in public!

The CR actually saved me some coin...I have been trying to iron out the CITES stuff since the first of last week..so...I am now going to take the cash I am saving and invest it wisely...on yet another guitar. Probably, gonna have to sacrifice my current one ad much as I hate to...but I'm trying NOT to anger the "goddess of no more guitars aka the goddess of hell fire". So something has to take one for the team. Shh, I'm not selling squat...I'm just gonna devise a clever hiding place for it.:eek::cool:

Last edited:
YES to the 24/08 have been gassing for one for awhile. Just wanted the core one to have a flame maple neck like the ones I've wanted - I guess they'll still be artist pack options etc

I am stoked about the SVN. I didn't realize until that video that they incorporated the plate style bridge from the Holcomb -- my absolute favouritest bridge ever. So comfy. And the 85/15"S" pickups sound magnificent. But I'm not buying a second one until I get used to the longer scale length.

Plus, now at least I know what to call it.

The 24-08 into the core line is really great, too. Been mildly GASsing after one of those, now I can order one with a maple neck like I want.

I too, would like to see a singlecut archtop of some variety in the core line. I'm afraid to take mine out in public!
I agree to all three of your points. I'm glad I have what is effectively a SVN on pre-order with Axe Palace.

The 24-08 seems like an interesting model. I have a 2002 CU24 with rotary, so a new CU24 with blade and mini-switches seems like a totally different tool, and if I did a maple neck like you just said...hmmm...might be time to call a dealer, see if I can get one on order and delivered at Experience 2018!

And any SC hollow body guitar would be welcome, especially if it had a piezo. (Piezos allow me to gig with just one guitar, sometimes.)

Back