2017 tremonti se case

Nothingface80

Just got a tremonti se but im having a hard time finding a case to fit properly. The case prs recommends does not support the neck properly. Can anyone point me in the direction of a proper case.

Are you speaking of the gig bag or are you looking to upgrade to a hard case?

Mine is in a roadrunner polyfoam hard case. It was inexpensive, and would take a direct hit beautifully.

I also have a roadrunner, but if you want the best, just buy a PRS case. GC has them as do all online retailors.

I also bought a roadrunner hard shell case LP. or SC. style. what I found was that the padding in the bottom slanted the guitar up leaving the neck unsupported.
so I took a razor knife and carefully cut along the padding through the fuzzy stuff. i lifted up the fuzzy stuff and pealed off about 2/3 of the foam. Then the fuzz was put back and the guitar laid flat BUT the neck now was supported about 2 inches from the body but not down the rest of the length. SO I dug up some stiff foam about 3 + inches high and about 2 inches thick . it was the width of the inside of the case at the left end of the storage compartment. NOW i traced the shape of the neck support from the right side and cut the foam to match. I covered it with some matching fuzzy stuff from my wife's craft stuff. I glued this all up and glued it into the case. NOW the neck is supported and looks just like the case was made for it. I did the same for My Zach Myers. I wish I could post some pics.but that would take weeks to learn.

I also bought a roadrunner hard shell case LP. or SC. style. what I found was that the padding in the bottom slanted the guitar up leaving the neck unsupported.
so I took a razor knife and carefully cut along the padding through the fuzzy stuff. i lifted up the fuzzy stuff and pealed off about 2/3 of the foam. Then the fuzz was put back and the guitar laid flat BUT the neck now was supported about 2 inches from the body but not down the rest of the length. SO I dug up some stiff foam about 3 + inches high and about 2 inches thick . it was the width of the inside of the case at the left end of the storage compartment. NOW i traced the shape of the neck support from the right side and cut the foam to match. I covered it with some matching fuzzy stuff from my wife's craft stuff. I glued this all up and glued it into the case. NOW the neck is supported and looks just like the case was made for it. I did the same for My Zach Myers. I wish I could post some pics.but that would take weeks to learn.

That's quite a good idea. The SKB 56 case I bought for my Bernie is just gathering dust as it puts pressure on the neck when closed. Removing some of the padding would solve that problem. Probably not the most exciting mod I will ever do...

Sucks that a case has to be modified in order for the guitar to fit. Many cases i have tried have been close but not a good fit in one way or another.

For some reason, Epiphone LP cases seem to fit PRS SE Singlecut/245 variants surprisingly well. I keep my Bernie in a late '90s vintage Epi LP case, and I'm pretty sure it fits my ZM as well.

Back