2017 line up!

PRS got me over the allure of binding all those years ago, now it looks weird.

I've always liked binding, but got used to PRSes without binding. My CU24 30th PS is my only PRS without a binding at this point, so I like the guitars either way.

One thing that is often neglected when discussing the look is that a bound fretboard feels really nice in the hand, and fret ends are less of an issue in dry weather. This is presumably why many higher-spec electric and acoustic guitars have sported bound fretboards, though I think they do look great.

I've always liked binding, but got used to PRSes without binding. My CU24 30th PS is my only PRS without a binding at this point, so I like the guitars either way.

One thing that is often neglected when discussing the look is that a bound fretboard feels really nice in the hand, and fret ends are less of an issue in dry weather. This is presumably why many higher-spec electric and acoustic guitars have sported bound fretboards, though I think they do look great.

The Santana has always come standard with hidden fret tangs, and I haven't experienced any fret sprout with any of mine. The binding may simplify the fretting process for larger scale production in that regard.

The Santana has always come standard with hidden fret tangs, and I haven't experienced any fret sprout with any of mine. The binding may simplify the fretting process for larger scale production in that regard.

I have the hidden fret tangs in my PRS Tonare Grand. Nice stuff, and you're right.

I'm not sure the binding is much of a simplification of the fretting process, since it adds a process of its own, but I don't build guitars, I just play 'em, so I really don't know! ;)

I have the hidden fret tangs in my PRS Tonare Grand. Nice stuff, and you're right.

I'm not sure the binding is much of a simplification of the fretting process, since it adds a process of its own

Me neither, but I suspect the hidden tangs are very much a labor of love and attention.

I`m all for wood bindings. Plastic contributes nothing sound wise to any guitar I`ve ever seen or heard. Discuss.....

I swear, I feel like Michael Corleone when I look at PRS guitars. I think my GAS has subsided, but then they release the 594 models and they have me by the balls again :eek::D

b15d5909f437d7cb2eb153fedd3990c6.jpg

Back