2014 S2 Singlecut wiring question

teratotality

Woman of particular taste
Hiya!

So I bought a singlecut a little bit ago, which came with SD Black Winter pups but I don't really care for them. Since the previous owner included the original pickups too, I'm attempting to swap them out and I had a question.

I'm following this diagram I found a link to:
https://www.prsguitars.com/documents/prs_s2_singlecuts_wiring_schematics.pdf

Here is a pick of the bridge, I'm not sure if I'm suppose to remove the wire where the red X is or not. Green/white should go on the bottom right pole, which is why I ask about the removal of the X. This is paralleled with the neck pot as well.

2zAxrcy.jpg

CQDwr5c.jpg

Tried to add this to the post but I kept getting an error.

Here is the wires from the pups:

NbUp31V.jpg

Let me know if you need more info or additional pictures. I didn't post the volume pots because they were prewired to the switch and are working fine and I wanted to save room in the post.

Thanks!!

Yeah ditch those jumpers you crossed out.
Thanks!!

One last question I forgot to include. The bare and black wires are tapped off together, do they stay taped off or does it need to be soldered to the top of the pot? I couldn't find the actual color codes for the PRS #7 pups.

Thanks!!

One last question I forgot to include. The bare and black wires are tapped off together, do they stay taped off or does it need to be soldered to the top of the pot? I couldn't find the actual color codes for the PRS #7 pups.

Solder to the back of a pot. Those are the ground and shield wires. You can leave the heat shrink tubing on there.

Back