2011 PRS SE Singlecut Pickups?

starscream67

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the stock humbucker pickups in the 2011 PRS SE Singlecut?

This model was the first Singlecut to get the bird inlays and has the 1 volume / 1 tone / 3 way toggle near the stoptail / thinner body than the 245.

I bought mine in 2012 and wouldn't mind getting similar pickups for my SE Custom 22 to replace the stock tone furnace pickups.

There is just something about this SE Singlecut that makes it my go to guitar and I don't want to mess with it or it's mojo. I just wish it was a double cut, hence wanting to try and get my Custom 22 a bit closer.

Last edited:
PRS re-worked the SE pickups in 2010. They were considered a huge improvement from the past generation pickups in the SE's. They also varied the pickups. Meaning in previous SE's all the pickups were the same. After 2010 some different SE models had different pickups. There were 4 or so different pickup sets they put in all the SE's. The Customs did not have the same pickup set as the SC's, so if you find a set of SESC pups they will be different from the ones now in the custom. The SESC is thicker than the custom so there will be some sonic differences, but it would make sense to try the SESC pups in the custom.

Back