1999 McBrazzy Returns

Glenn Gross

Another Old Guy
Just back from PTC is my first PRS, Mc Brazzy,19/250, (signed backplate is in the case) after a pickup change to 57/08s. I bought it several years ago, and was never thrilled with the original pickups. Much improved!

wfcDHgB.jpg

jWtKrvE.jpg

That necks look a little glossy. Did you have them rub their magic juice on the neck? The Ecstasy Treatment? Or, is it just the oil from your hand that has made it so beautiful?

That necks look a little glossy. Did you have them rub their magic juice on the neck? The Ecstasy Treatment? Or, is it just the oil from your hand that has made it so beautiful?
Not sure; didn’t notice. I like separate volume controls, but I’ve got 594s for that and others. I’m glad that I didn’t give up on it. If the PTC factory setup involves “juicing” neck, that could be what it is.

Not sure; didn’t notice. I like separate volume controls, but I’ve got 594s for that and others. I’m glad that I didn’t give up on it. If the PTC factory setup involves “juicing” neck, that could be what it is.

Oh no, my friend, that would have cost you extra. Consider it akin to the happy ending. You gots to pay for that sh!t.

Been doing that with my unfinished wood for years, but it’s neither gotten glossy nor beautiful. Kinda gotten uglier actually. That’s the difference between professionals and amateurs I suppose.

Awww yeah!! Looks KILLER and I'm sure the 57/08 swap will definitely light a fire from within!!! Enjoy!!

I played it tonight back to back with a 2020 DGT. The 57/08s surprised me, as they were as strong as the DGT pickups. I found the McCarty brighter, and from what I’ve learned here, the Brazilian neck could have as much to do with it as anything.

Back