1997 CE24

Toejam

My first PRS. Got this from Reverb a couple days ago. The pickups were long gone and the guy had Duncan Pearly Gates set put in. The winged tuners were replaced with the newer locking PRS tuners (old ones are in the case). It's Royal Blue but has faded quite a bit like most of their blues tend to. I really like the grayish-blue fade it's turned to. Let's see if I can get the pics to work.
s3DFOty.jpg

gkWDMQZ.jpg
gucjHwm.jpg
fT0QlCw.jpg
3aKys73.jpg
DlRrwKA.jpg
lPCFcnD.jpg

MZfkchH.jpg

Killer and Congrats! So that's where it went! I've been eying that one and was getting damn close to making an offer. Sweet Score!

It's an awesome guitar. I love the W/T neck. The guy had 8-gauge strings on it, so I took them off, cleaned the board, and then the nut popped off. I put 10s on it and took it to my local shop yesterday to have it glued back on. Got it back today and couldn't be happier. :)

The Pearly Gates are pretty nice. I had a Fender with a Pearly Gates Plus before, but that's a slightly brighter pup with A5 magnet and a tiny bit hotter. This PG set has surprised me. Lots of tones with the 5-way. I'm not sure I'm sold on the rotary switch yet, but I just probably need to get used to it.

...Lots of tones with the 5-way. I'm not sure I'm sold on the rotary switch yet, but I just probably need to get used to it.
Some people never get used to it. Personally I love it. I don't do a lot of fast switching during songs so for me it's not a problem. The thing I like most about it is the 5 way gives you 1 tone that the 3 way and push pull can't.

Some people never get used to it. Personally I love it. I don't do a lot of fast switching during songs so for me it's not a problem. The thing I like most about it is the 5 way gives you 1 tone that the 3 way and push pull can't.
It is interesting. Though, with the Pearly Gates set in it, I'm not particularly sold on those yet, either, but they do sound nice. I'm used to a little hotter, but we shall see.

Back