1996 CU 24 Neck Carve

They were using a duplicarver at this point. There can be very noticeable differences from one guitar to the next.
Wow. I didn't realize they were using a dupli-carver that late. I knew they were used at the Virginia Ave. factory and early on in Stevensville. When did they switch to the CNC, Dog?

BTW, I am helping out a friend with this, so I don't have the guitar on hand.
Your help is appreciated.

Wow. I didn't realize they were using a dupli-carver that late. I knew they were used at the Virginia Ave. factory and early on in Stevensville. When did they switch to the CNC, Dog?

BTW, I am helping out a friend with this, so I don't have the guitar on hand.
Your help is appreciated.
I could be wrong, but I believe they used the duplicarver to the early 2000's. Anyone who know for sure is welcome to correct me. I have a 92 Custom 24 with gold hardware in very good condition. It's the only guitar I get nervous on taking out to a gig. It's a wide thin, but it feels different from every other PRS I own or have played. I live in Maryland, so I've been able to handle a few.

I could be wrong, but I believe they used the duplicarver to the early 2000's. Anyone who know for sure is welcome to correct me. I have a 92 Custom 24 with gold hardware in very good condition. It's the only guitar I get nervous on taking out to a gig. It's a wide thin, but it feels different from every other PRS I own or have played. I live in Maryland, so I've been able to handle a few.
No idea when they started using CNC for production necks, but bodies look like they’d segued over in 2002.

The Santana was the first CNC’ed PRS after the move to Stevensville in 95

Back