1995 koa ce value

Been playing this guitar more and more I can't put it down. What color Prs bird strap would you guys suggest?

Im starting to dig this guitar alot more, has anyone here done a refinish with PTC? IM considering making this thing nitro....thoughts?

Im starting to dig this guitar alot more, has anyone here done a refinish with PTC? IM considering making this thing nitro....thoughts?

A refinish with PTC is not exactly cheap (I would guess about/over $1000), and I don't think you'll get the bang-for-the-buck since the original finish on your 95 is not exactly lousy.

But, it's up to you.

Isn't the finish Poly/acrylic?

Well, until 2010 it was considered the best finish to use by PRS. The new V12 formula might be better in some ways, but the "old" Ploy/Acrylic" finish is pretty durable, and it's not like all the pre-2010 model dropped half their value because of the new V12 finish.

My 2002 CU24, 2006 HB and 2007 SAS all feel just fine compared to my 2014 P24.

This is a quote from Matt at the PTC when I asked him about refinishing a CE...

"As long as the body is pretty clean when can do a refinish for $950 plus shipping."

So there ya go

Wow... Congrats! The W/F neck looks like my 95. A great carve there. I wonder my CE 22 has a long neck heel. Does yours?

Back