1995 koa ce value

Guitar Resurrection has two for sale and their ad says "Made For Japanese Distribution - One of Only 6 Available in the U.S."

http://www.guitarrez.com/prsinventory/prsce24artkoa81.html
http://www.guitarrez.com/prsinventory/prsce24artkoa82.html

Those are different, the post the OP posted was a standard CE that was made of Koa, the same way the Burl CU22's were..... just a lucky few pieces to sneak out of core. The Guitar Rez ones were a special run ordered by a Japanese dealer and were made by the PS team.

Did'nt Ed Roman sell re-topped CE's in Koa as well? Or at least he converted them to koa tops as a repair item.

Did'nt Ed Roman sell re-topped CE's in Koa as well? Or at least he converted them to koa tops as a repair item.

Ed Roman sold anything. Seriously, he's the reason I will always check serials and modcats on anything even remotely rare.

No need for buyer beware I confirmed that these exist with PRS. This guitar came from a collector and is unplayed. This run happened in 1995 when PRS bought a batch of koa.

Koa, So sorry, not commenting about your guitar. Ed Roman was a custom builder in CT and NV that would take the tops off of these guitars and re-top or even re-body with Koa, Karina, quilts, etc. In fact, there is one on his site right now. He was fairly upfront with what was done to the guitars as repairs, but I'm sure the shadier side of the population would pass them off as real because they were pretty nice as compared with what they came from.

So I got the guitar....by far the best looking guitar ive ever seen....im taking better pics as we speak....only thing...I do not like how it plays...the neck feels like a toy compared to my Jackson Dominion or my Les paul....suggestions? Maybe a good set up?

Shaking with envy! Pic's and hey a few turns of the screw driver is always usually needed Congrats on a great find.

Those are different, the post the OP posted was a standard CE that was made of Koa, the same way the Burl CU22's were..... just a lucky few pieces to sneak out of core. The Guitar Rez ones were a special run ordered by a Japanese dealer and were made by the PS team.

Thanks for the clarification!

And Koa, Pics please!

I'll post pics as soon as I get home, I really am having a hard time with the neck ...it's pretty tiny compared to what im used to.....I hope when I put some 9.5's on it and have it set up it becomes my new favorite...I really don't want to have to return or sell it....If I do, I'll let everyone on here know...
Thanks for the clarification!

And Koa, Pics please!

Ehh... sorry to hear you're not digging the thin neck, not a whole lot you can do about it. (digging through sofa looking for change)

Nah I am not a big fan of modding guitars such as these, from the research i've been doing it appears that only a few have ever been brought forward to the guys at PRS's attention.

Played the guitar a little more, went and played a Mark Holcomb....I much prefer the Mark Holcomb neck for playing anything fast ( I have pretty large hands ) But I find the CE Neck makes me play the guitar like I would a strat....it is absolutely killer for john mayer type stuff which was suprising to me. I find the playing better that longer it has been sitting which is to be expected to some extent but I really wasnt expecting this much of a difference.

Last edited:
Back