'07 Prs Artist 2 Hollobody

I've always wanted the artist grade/package. On a used guitar, what characteristics of the wood top would indicate if a particular PRS is considered artist grade or has the artist package? I guess some of the listed features (birds, tuners, case) could be factory options? I believe that PRS customer service would be able to check specs by serial number but that may not be immediately available for an on the spot purchase.

Last edited:
I've got no problem with posting the serial number. Or is there something I'm ignorant about with doing that?

A little help…
Thanks. Something must be wrong with my android browser or connection. I keep seeing broken links. On yours it's showing broken in my view of the thread but when i click on your message it seems to jump me out of the thread and shows your post with the picture I tried to post intact.

Csn you tell I'm in my 60s? I actually used to be pretty savvy!

I've always wanted the artist grade/package. On a used guitar, what characteristics of the wood top would indicate if a particular PRS is considered artist grade or has the artist package? I guess some of the listed features (birds, tuners, case) could be factory options? I believe that PRS customer service would be able to check specs by serial number but that may not be immediately available for an on the spot purchase.

The Paua Birds and inlaid signature, the rosewood overlay on the headstock, gold hardware, wood tuner buttons. They WON'T have a "10" on the back of the headstock...

The tops are typically exceptional. Close to "Wood Library" and "Private Stock"...

The Paua Birds and inlaid signature, the rosewood overlay on the headstock, gold hardware, wood tuner buttons. They WON'T have a "10" on the back of the headstock...

The tops are typically exceptional. Close to "Wood Library" and "Private Stock"...
Thanks.
Really nice guitar. I see it has the Artist Package.

I've been looking but either I've been incredibly dense, or there's no "for sale" area here? Given the positive remarks I'd like to list it here. I feel pretty wary of Reverb due to some horror stories. I suppose i could maybe try ebay...

I've been looking but either I've been incredibly dense, or there's no "for sale" area here? Given the positive remarks I'd like to list it here. I feel pretty wary of Reverb due to some horror stories. I suppose i could maybe try ebay...
Tbh I have had nothing but great satisfaction with Reverb.
I would think eBay is the one you would likely have more trouble with although personally I have had no trouble with either.
I think Reverb is the better site for higher price goods, eBay is fantastic for pedals and cheaper guitars.
Just my experience from many years of horse trading!
As always common sense and due diligence. If you get a bad vibe from questions etc, skip that potential buyer, always more.

Tbh I have had nothing but great satisfaction with Reverb.
I would think eBay is the one you would likely have more trouble with although personally I have had no trouble with either.
I think Reverb is the better site for higher price goods, eBay is fantastic for pedals and cheaper guitars.
Just my experience from many years of horse trading!
As always common sense and due diligence. If you get a bad vibe from questions etc, skip that potential buyer, always more.
It's because of an account of someone's experience there that I'm reluctant. Reverb "resolved" a dispute without communicating and refunded the money to a story-telling buyer. I don't remember the details but I obviously remember the story in general.

There isn't a "for sale" section here is there?

It's because of an account of someone's experience there that I'm reluctant. Reverb "resolved" a dispute without communicating and refunded the money to a story-telling buyer. I don't remember the details but I obviously remember the story in general.

Sounds like an unfortunate experience.
Afaik there is no for sale section on this forum.
But I'm a relative noob here so...

There is none.

It does not really make sense for an official forum of a guitar maker - in the business of selling new guitars - to have a used section. I think.

There is none.

It does not really make sense for an official forum of a guitar maker - in the business of selling new guitars - to have a used section. I think.
I kind of agree although not all manufacturers official forums take that stance.
I know of at least one that has a very active for sale section.
However here I would think that the mention of a guitar for sale like this thread would possibly garner a pm or two from any interested members who have seen it.
Pretty sure a lot of guitars have changed hands between members here.

I still highly recommend Reverb for higher dollar guitar sales.
I mean one bad apple transaction vs thousands upon thousands of good ones?
I think the odds are on your side here.

Last edited:

Guitar/amp/gear sales ads are a no-no on this forum. Although users will post links to ads elsewhere occasionally, it’s for PSA purpose or to bear out a relevant point in a thread, not for selling their own gear. I (and others I am sure) wish it were otherwise, but we all respect PRS and follow their wishes to keep this a forum focused on discussion and appreciation of the instrument.

Yours is a fine guitar! If Reverb or EBay are not to your liking, you can always list on other forums like The Gear Page, etc, or locally on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and the like. While I don’t hang out in the TGP forums, I have both bought and sold in their For Sale section with good results.

As others note, many sales have happened between forum members here but it’s a person to person thing, as opposed to an ad/response one.

Last edited:
Back