0.033 uf cap

Claude Tam

does anyone know brand of this yellow 0.033uf cap? I want to get a new one, thanks!
cap.jpg

Last edited:
I think it’s a Murata. Used to rep them but haven’t seen the -M- logo in a lot of years.

Honestly, the brand shouldn’t matter a lot, but I do like old Sprague, so clearly I defy my own wisdom. What do I know?

Maybe a typo, but this is a 0.033uF (33nF) cap - you definitely don’t want a 0.33uF cap in a guitar.

Yeah it is Mallory

You can also get Vishay MKT1813 Series, they are in similar size. Very cool caps - IMO step up from Mallory's

Yeah it is Mallory

You can also get Vishay MKT1813 Series, they are in similar size. Very cool caps - IMO step up from Mallory's
Thx bro. Just checked it out but seems they only got a 0.033 uf with 250v and 10% tolerence. Will it work as the stock cap is 400v 5%.

Thx bro. Just checked it out but seems they only got a 0.033 uf with 250v and 10% tolerence. Will it work as the stock cap is 400v 5%.
The voltage rating doesn’t matter in a guitar, as the signal is so small - a cap rated for 10V is still more than enough. Most caps have tolerances in the 10-20% range. With a 10% tolerance, the .033uF cap you get might be .033uF, but could be as low as .030 or as high as .036, but I seriously doubt you could actually hear such a small difference. If you have a digital multimeter with a uF reading, you could buy a handful of these caps, measure and and pick the one closest to .033uF, but probably not worth the effort.

Back