What Else Are You Into? Let's Talk

I like speed
Cars, Motorcycles, Boats
This is the car I Have owned since I was 17 (1976)

1966 Dodge Charger
Wy1KXZp.jpg

My son making a pass at the local drag strip
Nice car! DROOL! So pristine.

I'd love to have a 60s sedan deville.....

Keep in mind, the Sedan DeVille is the 4 door version. The one in this picture would be a Coupe DeVille ;~)) The DeVille designation was initially a trim package for the "Series 62" Cadillacs that first appeared in 1940 and were last made in 1964 as the entry level Cadillac. 1965 introduced the Calais as the entry level model and all Series 62s were DeVilles from that point forward.

There are several Caddy's I would like to own, but the ElDorado's (anything from 1952 - 1976) are top candidates, with the 500 cui versions (1970-1976) being one of the lead contenders ;~)) A 1957 Eldo would be near the top for me as well ;~))

Hello,

I play video games with the kids. We also have a Hot Wheel and Lego collection. We've donated a wealth of Hot Wheels to our local Hot Wheel museum so we pride ourselves on that - both vintage and modern.

My wife and I, with all the land we have, we're always acquiring new tools. So there's always yard work to do. We got our 2nd zero turn last week so I've been loving that.

Me personally, restoring vintage electronics is something my dad passed on to me. So I've been working on restoring a 1971 Akaii - the one I featured on my channel.

My cat - eats, drinks, pees and sleeps.

Meh

I like fishing and boating, freshwater. I read a lot when time allows. I have some unusual interests that I collect…..vintage skateboard stuff, potato heads, and I miss shooting more. If you think guitar prices have gotten nuts check ammo costs….

That’s why I just added this Browning T Bolt 22LR to the harem. 6 cents a round, and still a lot of fun to shoot.

Oh, and the wood in the stock may have had something to do with the addition, too.

50 yards out this week:

Not sure if I ever replied to this thread. Here are some things I am into.

Motorcycle riding, I ride a Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide. I have had this one since 2020.
Grilling/Smoking, I love smoking some BBQ, and eating it. I also love grilling various foods.
Cooking, I like having my wife pick a dish we haven't made at home and then I try to make it as good and as healthy as I can.
Shooting, I love shooting handguns, rifles and shotguns. I used to shoot sporting clays every weekend before I moved to where I live now.
Tequila and Bourbon, I like sipping some of both of these on the weekends.
Working on guitars, I have been dong this since I was a teen.
Pedal building, I have dipped my to into this arena and have really enjoyed it. I have been thinking about getting into amp repair.

My main thing is playing guitar, as I am sure is the same for many of the folks on here. I am also a tech guy and have been into the pro audio end of music for a long time. I have spent possibly as much time behind a mixing console, or more, as I have playing a guitar for live shows. I have run sound for many bands but the best known of them is probably Saving Abel.

One thing that all of these things have in common, except maybe the pro audio pieces, is that these are activities that allow me to clear my mind and think about something less complex than what I typically do throughout my normal day.

Steve, I still haven't taken up Pickle ball. I know I said that this year was a "for sure" thing, but the friend that has courts and leagues and all that has a wife who has cancer and he hasn't played once this year.

I'm sure I'll be giving this a try by fall, or at least by next year.
You’ll love it.

Honestly, my wife and I didn’t really know anybody who played it so we just took lessons at the park district after buying a cheapo set of paddles-n-ballz off Amazon. We’ve just been picking up games with rando boomers at the courts.

You wanna hop on it sooner than later ‘cause the kids are appropriating it.

You’ll love it.

Honestly, my wife and I didn’t really know anybody who played it so we just took lessons at the park district after buying a cheapo set of paddles-n-ballz off Amazon. We’ve just been picking up games with rando boomers at the courts.

I was watching Pickle Ball on TV (yes, it is and I did) because Agassi and McEnroe were playing. They were obviously paid to play this "made for TV match" in order to promote the sport. Agassi said that he had never played, but that he kept hearing "this is what all the old tennis players do now."
Unlike basketball and softball, I quit playing tennis in my late 20s, but now that I'm not playing basketball or softball anymore, I need something to do. I'd prefer more running. I've watched enough of it now to know that in doubles, there is not much if any running and not a ton of moving around. It's been described as a cross between tennis and ping pong, and in that comparison, it is much closer to ping pong, as there can be a LOT of running and cutting in tennis. But, I'm old and it has now been a couple years since I played basketball or softball, so all that running and cutting may sound better on paper than in practice. :D But seriously, I want more strenuous exercise as well as competition.

One other issue is... my wife is interested in playing and wants to take it up "together." My wife has many fine qualities, (Looks HOT in her little tennis outfits!) but is not the most athletic person in the world. She decided she wanted to play tennis years ago and when we tried, she'd get mad at me for not hitting it right too her. I understand she was a beginner and I was not blasting winners down the lines, I was lobbing them back and she would get frustrated if I didn't hit them exactly where she wanted them. She played with my mom (who had orders of magnitude more patience than I did) and liked it but gave up after a few tries. Hopefully I can get some more competitive playing in with my friend, and then some with her as well. I've already seen enough of the game to know I'll enjoy it, and I'm ready to get started!

Rando boomer out

Last edited:
I was watching Pickle Ball on TV (yes, it is and I did) because Agassi and McEnroe were playing. They were obviously paid to play this "made for TV match" in order to promote the sport. Agassi said that he had never played, but that he kept hearing "this is what all the old tennis players do now."
Unlike basketball and softball, I quit playing tennis in my late 20s, but now that I'm not playing basketball or softball anymore, I need something to do. I'd prefer more running. I've watched enough of it now to know that in doubles, there is not much if any running and not a ton of moving around. It's been described as a cross between tennis and ping pong, and in that comparison, it is much closer to ping pong, as there can be a LOT of running and cutting in tennis. But, I'm old and it has now been a couple years since I played basketball or softball, so all that running and cutting may sound better on paper than in practice. :D But seriously, I want more strenuous exercise as well as competition.

One other issue is... my wife is interested in playing and wants to take it up "together." My wife has many fine qualities, (Looks HOT in her little tennis outfits!) but is not the most athletic person in the world. She decided she wanted to play tennis years ago and when we tried, she'd get mad at me for not hitting it right too her. I understand she was a beginner and I was not blasting winners down the lines, I was lobbing them back and she would get frustrated if I didn't hit them exactly where she wanted them. She played with my mom (who had orders of magnitude more patience than I did) and liked it but gave up after a few tries. Hopefully I can get some more competitive playing in with my friend, and then some with her as well. I've already seen enough of the game to know I'll enjoy it, and I'm ready to get started!

Rando boomer out

It’s actually really rad we have second (rawr) physical activity to do together, and it’s kinda got a social aspect to it too which is cool.

It’s actually really rad we have second (rawr) physical activity to do together, and it’s kinda got a social aspect to it too which is cool.
what is your other one?

I'm ready to get going on Pickle Ball. Not to bum out the conversation but the friend that has tried to get me playing for 5 years now, used to play tennis with me etc., his wife is really bad (hospice called in last week) so the starting for sure this spring hasn't happened. I'm guessing that soon he'll need something to occupy his time and we'll start playing.

You’ll love it.

That's how it goes both here and at the beach.
Just show up and they'll work you in.

And yes, in Texas the teenagers are playing and who wants to keep up with them.

what is your other one?

I'm ready to get going on Pickle Ball. Not to bum out the conversation but the friend that has tried to get me playing for 5 years now, used to play tennis with me etc., his wife is really bad (hospice called in last week) so the starting for sure this spring hasn't happened. I'm guessing that soon he'll need something to occupy his time and we'll start playing.
lol… I was trying to infer that sexy time was our first physical activity together but… who am I kidding, it’s now pickle ball. :confused:

Sorry to hear of your homie’s wife.

Wine and cheese wheels?
I wish!

Nah, it’s more like since it’s a really popular doubles sport we’re always meeting people at the courts whenever we roll up solo. Like, if we go in the middle of the day when cheeser is at school or we have an odd number of players, we get invited to play and we meet randos. It’s sort of a scene.

The main people we play with are my sister and one of my nephews. Occasionally my sister’s BF will come, or my niece and her GF, and even some of my GenXer pals are getting swept into the hype.

it’s just cool to have an activity to do with friends and family that isn’t centered around eating. And aside from paddles, it’s an inexpensive hobby.

That's how it goes both here and at the beach.
Just show up and they'll work you in.

And yes, in Texas the teenagers are playing and who wants to keep up with them.
My wife and I get schooled regularly by old farts (meant lovingly).

Just two days ago these geriatric Germans we ran into absolutely wrecked us.

I mean, I’m a blob of a human, but my wife is a fit millennial and I don’t experience us having any physical advantage over anyone older.

My wife and I get schooled regularly by old farts (meant lovingly).

Just two days ago these geriatric Germans we ran into absolutely wrecked us.

I mean, I’m a blob of a human, but my wife is a fit millennial and I don’t experience us having any physical advantage over anyone older.
Even searching out the ancient ones with crap knees that can barely walk to the court doesn't work. They just stand there and smash the ball to somewhere you aren't.

Back