The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I had been searching Google and Reverb daily for new arrivals. I think I am going to stop doing that now. ;)

You're going to stop doing that the way I'm going to stop looking at pictures of beautiful women without any clothes on.

Doubtful.

WOW!!! That is killer, congrats! Yours looks a little more orange and less pure brown that mine, more so between my Livingston Lemonburst and my Vintage Sunburst, below. (LL on the left/front, VS on the right/rear.)

I really love yours! Beautiful.

Thanks! your right, it's like a blend of those two. Not quite as yellow as the VS but not quite as brown as the LL

I also did the bone tuner upgrade. I really think it ties together with the nut, binding, and pickup rings. it should be standard on this model.
IMG_2876_zpst6xilgrk.jpg

What difference are you seeing? Looks like the rest of them to me, but I may be missing whatever you are seeing....

Here's my low-rent tobacco burst. I actually prefer this sort of plain finish to all of the others on this guitar...

594-1_zps7hps32ua.jpg

594-3_zpsoyzoh5ef.jpg

594-2_zpsfouren4c.jpg
That finish is far from "plain"

Thanks! your right, it's like a blend of those two. Not quite as yellow as the VS but not quite as brown as the LL

I also did the bone tuner upgrade. I really think it ties together with the nut, binding, and pickup rings. it should be standard on this model.
IMG_2876_zpst6xilgrk.jpg

It looks PERFECT now, nice upgrade!! ;)

The difference i am seeing in Pete´s Tobacco Sunburst bridge is from the 2nd picture and on (especially the 3rd) it looks darker, like the ones on the February GOM.

Gotcha. I guess it does look a bit "matte" in comparison with mine...

I guess that's just weird lighting in the photos. It is nickel-plated just like the rest of the Core and Wood Library ones...

Reactions: FJ4
Harem Shot! Finally have the 5 together, all with the Ivoroid Tuner upgrade now. Now they all look "correct" in that regard. :)

IMG_1029_zps1sn6w3ve.jpg

(Remember there is a 6th one in my CA Apartment, in the "Honey" finish. That one is great too!)

I think I might have gotten a little carried away! :)

In my defense, I went to buy just one in the last go with the Gold Top Burst and the Tobacco Burst, but I couldn't decide and next thing I knew both of them showed up. ;)

The Livingston Lemon (the middle one on the floor) has the Lollar Imperials in it, the rest are stock.

BrianC came over last night, we A/B'ed the LL with the Lollars against the "Alien Green" and the Vintage Sunburst one, plus my 3 b3 SL's. (The other two 594's, in Tobacco Burst and Goldtop Burst, were still with my tech last night.)

It sounded GREAT! The stock ones sounded awesome too. The Green one is a Monster, sounds huge for rock tones. The LL with Lollars had some extra zing and sizzle for rock rhythm and lead tones with that higher gain Marshall sound, relative to ones with the stock LT's.

(Using my new Yamaha THR-100HD in this spot in the house now, that thing is awesome, most "real" sounding modeling technology I have heard yet. Awesome for Tonefest Sessions, dial up any amp tone you want within seconds!)

Have High Wind Lollars coming next week, thinking of trying those in the Green one. Also have a set of Double-Cream Mules to put into one, haven't decided which one to put them in yet...

Last edited:
You're going to stop doing that the way I'm going to stop looking at pictures of beautiful women without any clothes on.

Doubtful.

Nothing wrong with looking at pictures of beautiful woman while in your boxers and a t-shirt. If I took my clothes off every time I looked at a beautiful woman I'd have a rap sheet longer than an elephant's trunk.

Harem Shot! Finally have the 5 together, all with the Ivoroid Tuner upgrade now. Now they all look "correct" in that regard. :)

IMG_1029_zps1sn6w3ve.jpg

(Remember there is a 6th one in my CA Apartment, in the "Honey" finish. That one is great too!)

In my defense, I went to buy just one in the last go with the Gold Top Burst and the Tobacco Burst, but I couldn't decide and next thing I knew both of them showed up. ;)

The Livingston Lemon (the middle one on the floor) has the Lollar Imperials in it, the rest are stock.

BrianC came over last night, we A/B'ed the LL with the Lollars against the "Alien Green" and the Vintage Sunburst one, plus my 3 b3 SL's. (The other two 594's, in Tobacco Burst and Goldtop Burst, were still with my tech last night.)

It sounded GREAT! The stock ones sounded awesome too. The Green one is a Monster, sounds huge for rock tones. The LL with Lollars had some extra zing and sizzle for rock rhythm and lead tones with that higher gain Marshall sound, relative to ones with the stock LT's.

(Using my new Yamaha THR-100HD in this spot in the house now, that thing is awesome, most "real" sounding modeling technology I have heard yet, better than Fractal and Helix IMO. Awesome for Tonefest Sessions, dial up any amp tone you want within seconds!)

Have High Wind Lollars coming next week, thinking of trying those in the Green one. Also have a set of Double-Cream Mules to put into one, haven't decided which one to put them in yet...

Sweet shot! And damn you! :) I just ordered 4 sets of Ivoriod buttons! :cool:

IMG_1029_zps1sn6w3ve.jpg

(Using my new Yamaha THR-100HD in this spot in the house now, that thing is awesome, most "real" sounding modeling technology I have heard yet. Awesome for Tonefest Sessions, dial up any amp tone you want within seconds!)

Nice!

I bet the double creams with black rings would look pretty cool on the Tobacco Burst. High winds could be a good choice for the green one since you find it naturally leans more in a rock direction. Either that, or if one of them tends to sound brighter than the others the High Winds will beef it up.

So.....

My local shop contacts me, and informs that they have their rep coming down today, with a 594 in-tow. I was welcome to come by and 'check it out.'

"Sure," I say.

"Why not?", I say.

"What harm could it cause?", I say.

The HARM is to my wallet. I have to have one.

Mine is now on order.

Pete your wall changes faster than I change socks
Great stuff you have there as usual kinda digging that green one ( if that one moves I need to know ) also interested in the high wind Lollars , I think you will dig the Imperials I have in my Starla

Pete, No one better than you in displaying beauties that makes us drool uncontrollably (at least me)
and raise our GASometer astronomically...
Sadly i's gonna be a long while before I get the chance to make my own N5D

Nice!

I bet the double creams with black rings would look pretty cool on the Tobacco Burst. High winds could be a good choice for the green one since you find it naturally leans more in a rock direction. Either that, or if one of them tends to sound brighter than the others the High Winds will beef it up.

Thanks, Garrett! Good inputs. I have been thinking about the Double Creams in the Tobacco one. But it sounds SO amazing with the stock ones in there! My favorite of the bunch right now...

So.....

My local shop contacts me, and informs that they have their rep coming down today, with a 594 in-tow. I was welcome to come by and 'check it out.'

"Sure," I say.

"Why not?", I say.

"What harm could it cause?", I say.

The HARM is to my wallet. I have to have one.

Mine is now on order.

Congrats!!

Pete your wall changes faster than I change socks
Great stuff you have there as usual kinda digging that green one ( if that one moves I need to know ) also interested in the high wind Lollars , I think you will dig the Imperials I have in my Starla

Interest noted re the Green one!

Pete,
Awesome collection!!! I am glad to have "one" now.

Congrats again, awesome one!!

So, I think I am going to move the new Gold Top Burst one. It plays and sounds as great as the others, but I really just want a plain old Goldtop.

Plus, I think I have already have a pretty great collection of Core and Wood Library guitars, and I am scheming up specs for my next PS order, and I am still waiting for the one I put in the oven in March!

I was getting a little carried away, I should pace myself, this is a long journey, not a sprint! ;)

Back