That "green thing"!

My parents could only afford to buy my next brother and I one pair of shoes. Hr would put on the right one and I would put on the left one. We tied our other leg together and then hopped off to school in the snow. By the way, the podunk reference was to tweak the elitists. My best friend and his wife live in a town of 850 people in Maine, I go almost every year for as long as humanly possible. I love it.

850? That's a burgeoning metropolis compared to where I grew up. If there were 250 people in town, it meant there were visitors.

We used to walk 7 miles to and from school, uphill both ways, on our hands
because we had no feet, through stampeding herds of raging tornadoes.
I actually did carry a baritone sax to and from school as a Freshman. It was 1.25 miles each way, and there was uphill sections both ways :D

I actually did carry a baritone sax to and from school as a Freshman. It was 1.25 miles each way, and there was uphill sections both ways :D
My first week in my second high school, I missed the bus being sent home early because of a snow storm. I didn’t mind much because I hated school buses. So I walked home in a blizzard. About 5 miles and about a foot of snow. And I didn’t have boots because they had been in the house that burnt down two weeks earlier and weren’t a priority for replacement. But, going home was mostly flat, along the lakeshore.

I only stayed in the school for another week.

Back