So... any updates on the NF53?

Had mine since early November. It's gonna stay. It's got a unique voice, and the playability/build quality is top notch.

Whether it's indicitive of this particular instrument or of the model, but like a good tele, I find that it's almost hyper-responsive to my playing. There are days when I'm off and it feels like it makes every mistake glaringly apparent. Not a very forgiving instrument to play. But on good days, when I'm capable of looking for more nuance and sensitivity the thing is unbeatable.

01CISxTckc7rBIS16OvaMuGlQn6LrzjnKNzVpEob.jpg

One of these is definitely in my future. I just need to move some gear so I have ROOM for it. I've been procrastinating because shipping guitars and amps is a PITA. And I won't pre-order, because I want to SEE the actual guitar I'm buying: since I'll be getting the dog hair finish. So that gives me some time to get rid of stuff... who knows how long it'll be until these things are in stock everywhere...

I already know I like PRS (thanks to my DGT), the "unique voice" thing I'll either like or I won't, the neck I'll either like or I won't. But since I'm not looking for it to be a traditional tele, I have less chance of being disappointed. I have a normal tele, I don't need another one. I think that's why I haven't bought another tele yet, even tho I've been wanting a noiseless one. I have a tele, and a Cabronita (that currently has P90s in it, so it's not a traditional tele either).

Last edited:
Considering I paid $5K for my DGT, and I'm not the biggest fan of the neck profile, $3000 for the NF53 is perfectly reasonable (assuming I love it): for a guitar I know will be perfect out of the box. I won't have to fiddle with it and change stuff (and you can't change the pickups: the proprietary thing bothers me, but if I LIKE them, all is well...)

I've gone the route of trying to "upgrade" the Fenders... pickups, new saddles that intonate properly... I'm just done messing with stuff. I just want a guitar to WORK, perfectly, out of the box. Like my DGT and EBMM Luke III.
Exactly why I moved away from Fender guitars almost twenty years ago.

Had mine since early November. It's gonna stay. It's got a unique voice, and the playability/build quality is top notch.

Whether it's indicitive of this particular instrument or of the model, but like a good tele, I find that it's almost hyper-responsive to my playing. There are days when I'm off and it feels like it makes every mistake glaringly apparent. Not a very forgiving instrument to play. But on good days, when I'm capable of looking for more nuance and sensitivity the thing is unbeatable.

01CISxTckc7rBIS16OvaMuGlQn6LrzjnKNzVpEob.jpg
Sounds like a Tele to me!

Back