Rotation ~Assessment~Streamling

For those of you lucky souls that have multiple instruments , how often do you rotate ?

I rotate through all of mine daily unless there's a new one I need to get to know, but I only have a handful so it's pretty easy.

I try to give all of mine some time , but inevitably I stick with one for an extended period with a small group rotating.

Owning a small group is my M.O. for that very reason. If they aren't in regular rotation, I don't hang onto them. I don't have them hanging around for sh!ts and grins.

However, when there's a new guitar in my handful, I spend more time with it to learn its unique characteristics.

Then I stare at the stacks of instruments wondering .. WTF can I go back to those simple days of 1 electric and 1 acoustic ? ... .....
I've had one electric, one acoustic, and one bass several times, just to simplify and concentrate on the music - as you know, I play on ads with the instruments for a living. I've created tracks for good paying gigs in all musical styles with a one-of-each lineup.

Sometimes having more than one gives me paralysis by analysis. And sometimes not.

People have myriad justifications for owning more, but one of each can handle an awful lot of musical tasks, especially with guitars as versatile as most PRS'.

Mine is that different guitars and amps seem to inspire my creativity in different ways. Seems as good a reason as any to have a few. But not being a hoarder or a collector, I'm not interested in having more than I will use often.

I could easily scale my electrics back to just one of the few I have, but there's that emotional thing I have for them, and thankfully, I don't need to.

Last edited:
I rotate through all of mine daily unless there's a new one I need to get to know, but I only have a handful so it's pretty easy.

Owning a small group is my M.O. for that very reason. If they aren't in regular rotation, I don't hang onto them. I don't have them hanging around for sh!ts and grins.

However, when there's a new guitar in my handful, I spend more time with it to learn its unique characteristics.

I've had one electric, one acoustic, and one bass several times, just to simplify and concentrate on the music - as you know, I play on ads with the instruments for a living. I've created tracks for good paying gigs in all musical styles with a one-of-each lineup.

Sometimes having more than one gives me paralysis by analysis. And sometimes not.

People have myriad justifications for owning more, but one of each can handle an awful lot of musical tasks, especially with guitars as versatile as most PRS'.

Mine is that different guitars and amps seem to inspire my creativity in different ways. Seems as good a reason as any to have a few. But not being a hoarder or a collector, I'm not interested in having more than I will use often.

I could easily scale my electrics back to just one of the few I have, but there's that emotional thing I have for them, and thankfully, I don't need to.

I totally get this.

I'm that guy who plays the entire gig start to finish on one guitar.
I played weddings and dinner dances (every kind of music imaginable) for eleven years
with 1 Gibson SG, a Vox Wah, 4 Boss pedals, a Fender deluxe and a Roland JC77.

That's right, ALL the songs on the same guitar.

I totally get this.

I played weddings and dinner dances (every kind of music imaginable) for eleven years

Me too. Starting in 1967. Every gig on the same instrument for many years.

I totally get this.

I haven't done all of my gigs this way but I have played quite a number of them the exact same way, one guitar, same amp and same pedalboard.

Easy. I can't decide what to play, so I don't play any of them........:eek:
Same Here...My Indecision Causes Me To Be A String Changer On All Of Them Because I Can't Decide To Play Any Of Them...LOL.

All Joking Aside...I Just Grab Different Ones As The Mood Hits Me. I Try To Get To All Of Them But That Is Not An Easy Task But It Is A Problem I Am Blessed To Have And Don't Mind.

I totally get this.

I was the same...simply cos I could only bloody afford one axe and amp and speaker cab when I was gigging.
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Back