Pick up comparison

Stringbender62

Just wondered if anyone has compared the PRS 85/15s pick ups which I believe come stock in the PRS se custom 24 up against the PRS 59/09’s are the 59/09’s as hot and what are the differences in tone/frequencies.
Thank you in advance

Those pickups are no where close to each other.

5909 is around 9k bridge PU.

Now if you're doing classic rock the 5909 Bridge is the bomb. The 5909 neck is ok but 8515 and 5708 neck PUs are better.

5909s will probably be the most affordable if you're staying with prs.

Thanks for the reply I have a PRS se custom 24 Floyd rose version and I believe it has the 85/15 s in it now and I do like the sound feel and tone but was looking for an up grade as research says the 85/15s which is the Korean version of the 85/15 tci USA version are not as good of a pickup so figured the 59/09’s would be a def up grade but of course this is not hands on .

Last edited:
5909s are great pickups. I too have a se floyd. I personally went with the DW tomahawks that are in the CE DW with a floyd. Killer pickups that I'm glad I went with. The core Floyd uses the metal pickups, another solid choice.

Thank you for the input, I now have the 59/09’s to replace the 85/15 S with just waiting on the 5 way blade to get the most out of the 59/09’s so I’m hoping to be able to head and feel the difference.!

Thank you for the input, I now have the 59/09’s to replace the 85/15 S with just waiting on the 5 way blade to get the most out of the 59/09’s so I’m hoping to be able to head and feel the difference.!
There's a huge difference. Honestly not a fan of the 8515s pickups, but the 5909 are one of my favs. They really aren't even in the same league. You'll be very happy.

Back