New impulse buy on a singlecut - now NGD

Well the New Singlecut arrived today
I waited for the longest 6 hours and finally opened the box to a very pleasant surprise
The guitar was dirty as we suspected however it cleaned up nicely
There are a couple of very minor dings on the body but no major scratches or damage
The back of it does show some of the usual fine scratches from playing it
but I think they will polish out for the most part
The guitar plays nice
The action is good
I am not crazy about the pickup
They sound too bright and to my ears cheap

So moving forward she will get:
A good clean and polish
locking PRS tuners
New Strings (9-46)
Dunlop straplocks
Black mounting rings
and a set of pearly gates pickups

I am very happy with the guitar for the money

Ill get some better pictures after I clean her up and make the changes

D9dHCdI.jpg

UJMhOHU.jpg

WGvq2TL.jpg
Is that Korean OP?? Looks great!

Congrats!

Those Korean SE singlecuts are great. The two that I have both have upgraded pups which make a big difference.

I already had a PG in a Superstrat so the non-Soapie SE245 got a set of Wolfetone Marshallhead A2 bridge/ Dr Vintage neck which are like a slightly hotter version of the PG: Alnico 2 magnets, PG bridge DCR 7.75, Wolfetone bridge 8.82. For the Singlecut you may want to consider getting the F spacing option for the bridge PG but even the normal spacing will work OK and either should ROCK.

Congrats!

Those Korean SE singlecuts are great. The two that I have both have upgraded pups which make a big difference.

I already had a PG in a Superstrat so the non-Soapie SE245 got a set of Wolfetone Marshallhead A2 bridge/ Dr Vintage neck which are like a slightly hotter version of the PG: Alnico 2 magnets, PG bridge DCR 7.75, Wolfetone bridge 8.82. For the Singlecut you may want to consider getting the F spacing option for the bridge PG but even the normal spacing will work OK and either should ROCK.
I really like Wolfe’s pickups. I got a set of the Marshallhead MKII’s that I put into a tele deluxe I was building and they’re absolutely perfect. I love the sound of Alnico 2 pups when other people are playing em, but I almost always go for Alnico 5 for my guitars.

I love the sound of Alnico 2 pups when other people are playing em, but I almost always go for Alnico 5 for my guitars.
The A5's in the MKII are partially degaussed so they may be acting a lot like A2's already.

And if want to try different magnets and you got the pickups without covers, since they're not wax potted changing the magnets is easier than changing strings (I rotated one magnet on my set)

The A5's in the MKII are partially degaussed so they may be acting a lot like A2's already.

And if want to try different magnets and you got the pickups without covers, since they're not wax potted changing the magnets is easier than changing strings (I rotated one magnet on my set)
That’s a good point, though I did get them covered and potted.

Funny you mentioned swapping magnets, I just picked up a few over the holidays; some sale when I was ordering parts and got a pair of Duncan ‘59 pups just to mess with. Haven’t tried it yet, but looking forward to it.

Back