Changing stock pick ups on PRS USA S2 Custom 24

roy76

Hi mates,

I wanted to change my guitar's neck stock pick up /PRS 85/15 "S“ /, so I desoldered the old one and swapped it with DiMarzio DP152FBK Super 3.
I tried to solder the new wires to the same places as the old ones, but it makes a lot of noise, especially when splitting. Am I wrong? Should I change the pots?

Hi mates,

I wanted to change my guitar's neck stock pick up /PRS 85/15 "S“ /, so I desoldered the old one and swapped it with DiMarzio DP152FBK Super 3.
I tried to solder the new wires to the same places as the old ones, but it makes a lot of noise, especially when splitting. Am I wrong? Should I change the pots?
Sounds like the wire color scheme is different.
Others will soon join to better guide you on correct wire placement.

Go to PRS home page and look under support tab.

Wire diagram for all guitars is on there. This way you will know what each wire does on the prs pickups so you can choose the appropriate wires on your new pickups to do the same thing.

That's my 2 cents

Go to PRS home page and look under support tab.

Wire diagram for all guitars is on there. This way you will know what each wire does on the prs pickups so you can choose the appropriate wires on your new pickups to do the same thing.

That's my 2 cents
I found this one:
black - ground
bare - shield
red - hot
green/white - split

Is there any difference in color scheme between PRS 85/15 S and PRS 85/15?

Is there any difference in color scheme between PRS 85/15 S and PRS 85/15?
Could very well be but to be 100% sure look up wire diagram for a guitar in support tab that has core 8515.
Don't use ce24 since they should be 2 wire. Use cu24

Back