Off-Topic: What to Do with Your Stimulus?

Sold my old Saffire PRO 40 and associated computer adapters in one day yesterday. Happy that the old Focusrite is going to a new home that already has a studio, and that the buyer knows how to work with the Saffire. Computer adapters Firewire 800>T-Bolt 1 / 2 & T-Bolt 1 / 2 > T-Bolt 3 [USB-C] made some cash as well.

Thunderstorms expected in New England 2 - 6 PM this afternoon. Battening down the hatches so the backyard doesn't blow away.

your apartment has a backyard? that must be nice. mine has a cab stand, a plumber, and a lingerie shop in the alley - which i guess is also the front yard now that i think about it.

your apartment has a backyard? that must be nice. mine has a cab stand, a plumber, and a lingerie shop in the alley - which i guess is also the front yard now that i think about it.

The apartment backyard is a small fenced-in patio area with room for a small garden, a storage shed and container, and a gas grill. Will post a pic from 2019 in a minute...

V53L6OR.jpg

The shed was put in last fall, the garden's been there since 2016. Gas grill the same as the garden. The garden this year will hopefully provide salad tomatoes, maybe some string beans, and baby greens. Have had good success with SunGold variety tomatoes in recent years.

Will visit Lowe's or Home Depot soon for the tomatoes, likely by 1st week of May.

Update: I was wrong. We got a check. I knew we were over the "limit" but I guess they just knock some off for how far over you are. When I looked initially, I saw the "limit" knew we were over that and stopped reading. This "shutdown" is costing me a significant amount of income. This check wouldn't cover a third of what I've lost this month alone in commissions, but I'm still working and doing OK, and my wife is salaried. Point being, I don't feel right getting this money. I just don't feel it's right for people who are making what we're making a month to get handouts from the government. It might sound nuts saying that, but I don't feel right about it. We'll find some way(s) to use of for those who really do need it.

Update: I was wrong. We got a check. I knew we were over the "limit" but I guess they just knock some off for how far over you are. When I looked initially, I saw the "limit" knew we were over that and stopped reading. This "shutdown" is costing me a significant amount of income. This check wouldn't cover a third of what I've lost this month alone in commissions, but I'm still working and doing OK, and my wife is salaried. Point being, I don't feel right getting this money. I just don't feel it's right for people who are making what we're making a month to get handouts from the government. It might sound nuts saying that, but I don't feel right about it. We'll find some way(s) to use of for those who really do need it.

I don’t feel right about it either but... It’s not really about them giving money to people that need it, it’s about spending the money on widgets in a flailing attempt to keep the economy going.

Buy something stupid with some of it, and then tip the people risking their lives with the rest. IMO

I don’t feel right about it either but... It’s not really about them giving money to people that need it, it’s about spending the money on widgets in a flailing attempt to keep the economy going.

Buy something stupid with some of it, and then tip the people risking their lives with the rest. IMO

The food or grocery delivery folks might not balk at tips. I've tried the FedEx and Amazon drivers, but they can't accept tips. You could always forward some dough to a local food pantry...they could sure use it...

it would not have occurred to me to get in a car with the clown family that runs the cabs.

Ooh... yeah, I guess I could understand that. Unless they’re Juggalos, in which case I’d totally give them my business.

Back