Can you work with your spouse???

gush

Where is that speedo pic
So.....the question is, could you go to work with your spouse at the same job?

For me, it's a huge NO!

My wife and I are about as opposite as we can be. She is a Real Estate Broker and has to follow rules and laws pertaining to Real Estate.

Everything has to be perfect to get to the closing table. Zero room for error. Disciplinary actions from the Real Estate commission can be harsh so she goes the extra mile to avoid that.

My wife has a perfect 29 year track record and that is something she is proud of.

Then there is me............my primary work is in the scale industry. I have laws that I must abide by plus some states take those laws a step further so knowing the law and following Handbook 44 is important.

I also work on what ever my customer needs repaired so this is where our differences show.

A lot of times I'm asked to work on equipment I've never seen before and most times information isn't readily available so it requires rolling up my sleeves and figuring it out.

This drives my wife insane. She is 100% by the book, I must learn on the fly most of the time. I'm incredibly resourceful so if something needs figured out I'll figure out how to figure it out!

I've been with my company for 10 years now. Great company to work for, just wish I had found this place much sooner.

RMH Systems was voted best place to work for the seventh year in a row!

I probably better stay there because if wife and I worked together one of us wouldn't make it!

Last edited:
I met my wife at work. We worked for the same employer in the same office for over 25 years. Rarely did we overlap at work as we each headed up different divisions. The key to our survival was we commuted separately and we did not discuss work at home. Professionally (both lawyers 2 of 60) we are very different. Upon leaving the office we did form a consulting LLC together that we closed out in 2022. No problem working together in that context.

Absolutely! We Never Fight, We Get Along Wonderfully And Never Want Or Need Time Away From Each Other To "Maintain Our Sanity." We Are Absolutely Delighted To Spend Every Moment Of Our Lives Together. We Are A Team And Best Friends...We Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way! We Do Have Our Own Interests And Do Our Own Things Now And Then But For The Most Part We Are Always Together.

Absolutely! We Never Fight, We Get Along Wonderfully And Never Want Or Need Time Away From Each Other To "Maintain Our Sanity." We Are Absolutely Delighted To Spend Every Moment Of Our Lives Together. We Are A Team And Best Friends...We Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way! We Do Have Our Own Interests And Do Our Own Things Now And Then But For The Most Part We Are Always Together.
We have a great marriage, 21 years in November.

However.....she is a red head and very passionate about her career.

I am very stubborn and have my own way of doing things.

On paper, wife and I SHOULD be a complete trainwreck but we have some wicked chemistry that keeps us grounded.

We just click.

Back