NPSD #6479

Never heard that color before - but wow! Awesome guitar. Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's by far and above the best guitar i have ever laid hands on let alone own! Everything about it is top notch and it really exceeded my expectations. Very happy.

Never heard that color before - but wow! Awesome guitar. Congrats!
Thanks! I chose the colour from a private stock that i had seen from Brians Guitars so i have to give him the credit for that. I have seen a few more come though of the same colour recently.

That's a helluva a guitar! Nice job on the build. What's your take on that style of bridge on a PRS? Did you go with that for the tone, feel or comfort factor?

That's a helluva a guitar! Nice job on the build. What's your take on that style of bridge on a PRS? Did you go with that for the tone, feel or comfort factor?

Thanks mate!
My main reason for going the Hip Shot was for the feel and comfort. I've had this bridge on other guitars and found it the most comfortable, especially for palm muting.The prs trem is also comfortable too but I don't ever use a trem and ive blocked it on my CE. There was the PRS plate bridge but like I said, the hip shot was a bridge I had used and liked.
As for the tone factor, I'm sure it makes a difference as the guitar sounds a lot different (in a good way) to my other PRS guitars but that could be due to the different wood choices, pickups, bridge, scale length or most probably all of the above! One thing I have noticed is how good the sustain is. I'm not sure if this is part of the honey moon period but it sounds awesome in every way :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is part of the honey moon period but it sounds awesome in every way :)

Bad news: Yes. It's still part of the honeymoon phase.

Good news: The honeymoon phase lasts a long, long, long time. I've had my PS over a year now, and I'm still kind of stunned every time I pick it up.

Nice build! Always wondered what the sub zero glow finish would look like with less color variation in the middle. Love the inlays to match. Only question is what specs you'll do for your next build,

I have a trip to the vault in September and at this stage I'm looking at speccing a 7 string. I've thought of having it match this build which would be cool but there's also a few different wood combos I'd like to explore too.

Beautiful. You did good. Real good.

Tell me about the electronics.

Thanks mate. There is nothing out of the ordinary in terms of electronics. It's just the standard custom 24 electronics with the 5 way blade selector. The pickups are 58/15 that sound great. I'm terrible at describing tone but through my Friedman BE100 it puts a pretty big smile on my face haha

Thanks mate. There is nothing out of the ordinary in terms of electronics. It's just the standard custom 24 electronics with the 5 way blade selector. The pickups are 58/15 that sound great. I'm terrible at describing tone but through my Friedman BE100 it puts a pretty big smile on my face haha

Ok... you answered one question, it's a 5 way switch (not 3) so I guess it splits the coils in positions 2, 3, & 4.

& 58/15s? hmm... I'm new around here. Never seen them uncovered... & that bridge looks pretty unique as well.

So photobucket has changed their terms and wants to charge me to host pics so i just transferred all my pics to Imgur and added a couple more shots. Also one with the colllection!

Back