NGD - Paul Reed Smith 7 String (Maryland Made?!)

I also want to say that I have people asking about the color left and right - Shawn, we might have stumbled on to greatness here!

The Storm Trooper

I gotta say, this finish is the first I've seen in a while that absolutely blew me away. It's so simple and at the same time very bold. L. O. V. E. it...

A 408 Standard with RW neck in Storm Troop3r would be dreamy...

"if you only knew the power of The Dark Side"

Its funny because Storm Trooper was exactly what I thought of when we spec'd it - I actualloy posted a photo of a storm trooper in the build thread LOL

It works perfectly because my black Tremonti is dubbed "Lord Vader"

Its funny because Storm Trooper was exactly what I thought of when we spec'd it - I actualloy posted a photo of a storm trooper in the build thread LOL

It works perfectly because my black Tremonti is dubbed "Lord Vader"

We talked about this early on in the project. You thought of the name, I just re-hashed it.

You mentioned the string spacing being a bit tighter as compared to a std-7 string. I've never played a 7-string of any kind. How does the spacing on yours compare to a 6-string? Storm Trooper - Love It!

You mentioned the string spacing being a bit tighter as compared to a std-7 string. I've never played a 7-string of any kind. How does the spacing on yours compare to a 6-string? Storm Trooper - Love It!
It's definitely tighter than a 6 since basically a normal 7 has almost the same spacing as a 6, just extended. I like it though because now that I've adjusted to the spacing without effort, I can jump between a 6 and a 7 with no uncomfortable feeling. Usually there is a minute or two adjusting.

Its really cool, I think a lot of guys would have fun with a 7 who seem to think that it's insane to even try!

It's definitely tighter than a 6 since basically a normal 7 has almost the same spacing as a 6, just extended. I like it though because now that I've adjusted to the spacing without effort, I can jump between a 6 and a 7 with no uncomfortable feeling. Usually there is a minute or two adjusting.

Its really cool, I think a lot of guys would have fun with a 7 who seem to think that it's insane to even try!
Thanks for the explanation. The likelihood of me ever coming into contact with a 7-string is slim to none, but if I do I will check it out.

Tried to play around and capture the color today - not bad!

4kdfp.jpg

1fagxy.jpg

Sorry Mike. The more I look at this thing, the more I get disgusted. Just a crappy color combination and 7 strings is just wrong :D! All kidding aside, that thing is just gorgeous. Enjoy that beauty for many years to come! ! God, I want a PRS seven string so bad.

Last edited:
So typical of the jaded, prima donna inner-circle artist these days...

"Gimme a 7-string! I want a 7-string."

"We're announcing our new 7-string model."

"No. No no no no no. GImme a custom 7-string that's one-of-a-kind, not like the ones those run-of-the-mill schmucks can buy in the stores."

:wink:

Very nice, Mike - and great job Skitchy!

So typical of the jaded, prima donna inner-circle artist these days...

"Gimme a 7-string! I want a 7-string."

"We're announcing our new 7-string model."

"No. No no no no no. GImme a custom 7-string that's one-of-a-kind, not like the ones those run-of-the-mill schmucks can buy in the stores."

:wink:

Very nice, Mike - and great job Skitchy!

HAHAHA I promise we started this project before the SE7 was announced!

So I got a present in the mail today! Todd (GoldFixer on VR and BAM) went out of his way to make this TRC for the guitar! I am not only wowed by his generosity but inlove with how freaking cool it is! I know he doesn't come on here much, but I gotta' give him props. This is why I love the PRS community - everyone is just such a cool person and just loves the brand.

Thanks Todd!!!!

Also shoutout to Shawn for naming the thread - I bet you didn't think it'd turn up on a TRC! haha

2zrex6u.jpg

So I got a present in the mail today! Todd (GoldFixer on VR and BAM) went out of his way to make this TRC for the guitar! I am not only wowed by his generosity but inlove with how freaking cool it is! I know he doesn't come on here much, but I gotta' give him props. This is why I love the PRS community - everyone is just such a cool person and just loves the brand.

Thanks Todd!!!!

Also shoutout to Shawn for naming the thread - I bet you didn't think it'd turn up on a TRC! haha

2zrex6u.jpg

That's gonna look good sitting on the headstock!

Back