NGD - Paul Reed Smith 7 String (Maryland Made?!)

We're not supposed to swear which makes commenting on this one very difficult!

Congratulations to you and all involved, it's just mindblowingly awesome! Best tone report ever too!

Mike, I heard you are bringing this guitar to 2013 Experience and we are staying at the same hotel...haha. I want to play it!

But seriously, :congrats: PTC and Mike. This project was a joy to watch.

Mike, I heard you are bringing this guitar to 2013 Experience and we are staying at the same hotel...haha. I want to play it!

But seriously, :congrats: PTC and Mike. This project was a joy to watch.

HAHA I was tossing around the idea but I think I'd freak out about when I wasn't in the room, you know? Otherwise I totally would!

HAHA I was tossing around the idea but I think I'd freak out about when I wasn't in the room, you know? Otherwise I totally would!

Right on. I'm usually in no shape to play guitar by the time I reach my hotel anyway. :beer:

Great to hear your review of the guitar now that you have spent some time with it. It looks amazing, and in your own words, sounds amazing as well!! Awesome work from the PTC crew!!

292o51j.jpg
That turned out fantastic, Mike! :adore: I'm glad to hear that it plays and sounds as great as it looks. Congrats, man! :rock:

Thanks everyone!

I just want to take a moment to say "WOW". I posted a NGD thread for this guitar on a few boards and I'll admit that I expected some cynics to come out of the woodwork for it but to my surprise, I have recieved 100% positived comments from everyrone, everywhere! This is a testament to PTC and their work - even people who are openly not fans of PRS guitars have been wowed by the work on this guitar and that means so much. Way to kick ass, guys!

As far as the gutiar itself, I got to use it in a band setting yesterday for a quick writing session. I played it through an Engl and must say that its perfect. Its absolutely everything I could have ever wanted in a 7 string - its clear, articulate, and still sustaining from a ringout yesterday. The cleans are sparkly, chimey but still full of body. I am 100% used to the spacing and have no issues playing it at all.

I also want to say that I have people asking about the color left and right - Shawn, we might have stumbled on to greatness here!

Back