NGD!!! Finally got a Standard back in the group

I remember that one. Lusted over that one for awhile. I was showing it to Sergio before it arrived and he also mentioned that it was a Special because of the Trem uproute.

I'm not ever sure what defines a Special from that era, I thought it was the trem route, but maybe not? Mine has HFS/VB pickups, would be curious to hear what your has!

I'm not ever sure what defines a Special from that era, I thought it was the trem route, but maybe not? Mine has HFS/VB pickups, would be curious to hear what your has!

I’m not sure. Based on the website it could be T&B but it doesn’t have the right slugs. I’m guessing it’s vb and hfs. They sound incredible, not like ones I had in my CU24. I’ll find out next string change or if I decide to just pull the strings and look.

I’m not sure. Based on the website it could be T&B but it doesn’t have the right slugs. I’m guessing it’s vb and hfs. They sound incredible, not like ones I had in my CU24. I’ll find out next string change or if I decide to just pull the strings and look.
Can you tell which neck carve it has?

The other thing about mine is it has a W/T carve, which may have been part of the Special spec for that year. But I'm not sure because I ordered it with a few custom options like the hardware and the birds and the color, so the W/T may also have been an option.

If you have a meter, we could compare DC resistance

[goes to measure]

Reads 14.45 k

Anyway, I'm super excited about your guitar!

Can you tell which neck carve it has?

The other thing about mine is it has a W/T carve, which may have been part of the Special spec for that year. But I'm not sure because I ordered it with a few custom options like the hardware and the birds and the color, so the W/T may also have been an option.

If you have a meter, we could compare DC resistance

[goes to measure]

Reads 14.45 k

Anyway, I'm super excited about your guitar!

it definitely feels like it’s WT but a little different. Hard to explain. Doesn’t feel like wide fat or standard like my CU24 Brazilian. I don’t have a meter unfortunately so I can’t measure.

That kicks all kinds of @ss. I wouldn’t worry too much about the pickups if it sounds great. I know, it’s annoying not to know.

Nice find!!
Normally it should have the HFS/VB pickups. And if I remember correctly, the w/t and trem up route were part of the special package.
That era was all about thin necks and trem gymnastics... :rolleyes:

Nice find!!
Normally it should have the HFS/VB pickups. And if I remember correctly, the w/t and trem up route were part of the special package.
That era was all about thin necks and trem gymnastics... :rolleyes:

whatever pickups it has they are fantastic. I looked and the stickers are gone. So who knows what they are. I kind of like it because I don’t have any preconceived notions.

Back