NGD: CRAZY 11 TOP DC245!

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
So........................during my last trip to the wood library, I looked at this piece of maple til I was blue in the face. I was afraid that it just wouldn't carve out into a good book match. I passed on the piece. However, I had taken a photo of it (first photo below), and when I got home, it kept haunting me. So...................................

Last edited:
i think it just pee'd a little - gorgeous

Here's a question for you - the color of the raw wood an appears quite different than the finished product. Do you have a good sense of what the finished product is going to look like - and therefore already select stain colors, treatments, etc...? Or do you just find something that looks groovy and hope for the best?

-Kevin

Ok, my mouth is on the floor. I love that crazy top. Good thing you trusted your gut feeling!!! What pick-ups are in it?

The unusual tops are usually my favorite - sooooooo awesome dude!

i think it just pee'd a little - gorgeous

Here's a question for you - the color of the raw wood an appears quite different than the finished product. Do you have a good sense of what the finished product is going to look like - and therefore already select stain colors, treatments, etc...? Or do you just find something that looks groovy and hope for the best?

-Kevin

Part of the color difference has to do with different cameras and difference lighting, so I'd say the difference isn't as drastic as it appears in these photos. I'm a big fan of natural anyway, so I had a pretty good idea how this was going to turn out color-wise. I will also say that Paul Miles is a MASTER when it comes to paint. I respect his opinion a great deal. The pickups are DGTs by the way.

I have not had a chance to plug it in yet, and may not be able to at this point. Headed to Stevenville in the morning. Whoo Hoo!!!!

The hauntings of the old 'bookmatching thread' were resonating within you as you debated whether or not to get the wood... :biggrin:

But it turned out alright I'd say ;)

Back