SE DGT Appalling Fretwork

The minute I saw that, I thought Guitar Center, or your equivalent over there. But looks like a dealer with a new "tech" that really wasn't. I have seen GC employees do some damage, drill through headstock when putting on a string tree, hammering the frets of a new guitar, etc, and it is difficult for me to believe it came that way from the factory.

The minute I saw that, I thought Guitar Center, or your equivalent over there. But looks like a dealer with a new "tech" that really wasn't. I have seen GC employees do some damage, drill through headstock when putting on a string tree, hammering the frets of a new guitar, etc, and it is difficult for me to believe it came that way from the factory.
I think it did leave the factory with some fret issues. Having seen the guitar in person, some of the issues could only have been done at the factory.

However, i’m starting to agree with some of you and believe it was made a lot worse once it arrived over here in a poor attempt to address the issue. Never get to the bottom of who to blame. It’s immaterial at this point.

Deathworlder asked if I was confident it was new to me. I thought it was but clearly that’s in doubt.

That guitar shouldn’t be back on sale.

It seems when the first batch of a new SE model arrives, they’re spot-on. After that, it’s all down hill.

I have one SE. A Hollowbody 2 piezo that I bought right when they came out. The fretwork is better than all of my buddies high end LPs, Fenders, Suhrs etc. It's just as good as good as my 21 vela.

My buddy got a SE Silver sky about a month ago and he literally slit his finger open sliding down the frets. He loves the guitar but needs to get those frets filled down. So I do believe you may be correct on early SEs get more attention. If you want core quality you need to pay for it. Or jump on the new SEs early.

If you want core quality you need to pay for it. Or jump on the new SEs early.
S2 is an excellent option especially now with core electronics. I was and still sorta am on a 594 hunt. I play them every time I'm in a music store. I can see from across the store the difference between the lines and as soon as I pick one up there's more separation, and plugging in my initial thoughts are always confirmed. I'm not 100% sure as to why but the s2 594 with core pickups is steadily becoming my favorite. There's probably a s2 594DC in my future.

My seHb2 is excellent too. Indo should go to the China facility for training.

Last edited:
That’s a real shame. I believe that Peach Guitars have a good reputation. I know @bodia made a successful transaction for a core guitar.

But that’s not right. Someone is going to be very disappointed.
I did. They were great to work with. Shipped it to the US and was here in 3 days. This does not make me happy, though.

That’s a real shame. I believe that Peach Guitars have a good reputation. I know @bodia made a successful transaction for a core guitar.

But that’s not right. Someone is going to be very disappointed.
They do, and to be fair I’ve had above and beyond service with them with prior purchases. That’s why I was reluctant to name the store as I wanted to give them a chance to put it right after making an ‘honest’ mistake sending it out to me.

I don’t understand their logic. This guitar is going to keep coming right back to them like a boomerang!

Well folks, it sickens me to say this…

This guitar is back on sale online.

This is despite PEACH GUITARS explicitly telling me it would be returned to PRS Guitars Europe! It’s not listed as a return or B Stock.

Now wondering if the guitar I have was also a return for some reason and they’re just some dodgy ones at a discount. Can’t see anything obviously seriously wrong with my exchange guitar but what a disgrace a company would do this.

Damn, this has left a bad taste in my mouth!
So You Are Saying PEACH GUITARS May Not Be As "Fresh" As We Had Hoped And May Indeed Be Rotten? (Or At Least They Are In This Instance) :(

What A Shame. I Saw A Guitar From Them I Was Interested In. :(

So You Are Saying PEACH GUITARS May Not Be As "Fresh" As We Had Hoped And May Indeed Be Rotten? (Or At Least They Are In This Instance) :(

What A Shame. I Saw A Guitar From Them I Was Interested In. :(
I would say ‘in this instance’.

Had excellent service from them in the past with guitars and other gear I’ve bought. Answered any of my queries, sent additional photos when requested…. Couldn’t have been more helpful. They have mostly excellent reviews online and people I know who’ve purchased from them have been happy.

I think if you’re buying a higher end guitar from them then you’ll receive great service. I don’t think this is reflective of Peach Guitars as a whole.

Back