NGD ... (again) ...

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
I mentioned a period of delusional downsizing I experienced many moons ago in my thread on my prodigal McCarty from last summer... It was during that sad time that I also let go my 305 (among others... like my 513 and NF3), and though I didn't miss that specific guitar with the yearning I reserved for my lost McCarty, I have kept an eye out for a decent deal on another over the past couple years. And as it turns out, I lucked into one this week:

xqpK6uP.jpg

2010. Case still has the modcat sticker on it. Nice and light at less than 7.5 lbs... there are a couple of tiny marks but nothing abusive... Over all, I'm quite pleased with this one. Here it's pictured with my recently acquired SAS SE.

Here's a pic of the first one I had; I kept the strap and it's on the new one now:
y0KLajv.jpg

Last edited:
Love that finish with the black pickups. Are the pickups in those 305's pretty hot?

Love that finish with the black pickups. Are the pickups in those 305's pretty hot?

"Hot" isn't really the word I'd use... They're stronger than a traditional single coil - more output - but they have a warmer, fuller tone than most of the single coils I've had experience with, sort of like super-charged '65 grey bottoms with more bass... I think they work really well as trad single coils with the volume set around 8, and I tend roll the tone back a bit as well but they're not really shrill. They're very touch sensitive pickups and I love using the middle pickup with gain for classic rock tones, riding the volume for dramatic gain changes, which is not something I do with a Strat.

Back