New PRS cases!

For anyone interested, here are the links at Sweetwater for the two cases:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...a-molded-multi-fit-d1-guitar-case-black-tolex
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSATACaseD2--prs-ata-molded-multi-fit-d2-guitar-case-black

If you read through the materials, some specs/details need to be updated. Although one is "listed" as tolex, the description/specs provide no indication that it is tolex coated nor do the pix. Only one pic for the D2. The D2 also talks about the D1 in it's description section.

Specs for the D1, among other things, list the following (D2 is missing similar specs):
Int Body Depth: 2"
Int Lower Bout Width: 13"
Int Middle Bout Width: 8"
Int Upper Bout Width: 10"

It shall all be revealed in time ;~)) I hope my next purchase comes with one of these!

Cool, for a plastic case, it does look stylish. I think Ii prefer the wood cases because they feel sturdier. I've been trying to replace my plastic cases, slowly overtime, with wood cases.

I really love the birds on the case!!

I'd love to know the weight spec; it's not listed on Sweetwater's site.

My admittedly pricy/protective gig bag is about 9 pounds in weight, still less than half of the wooden cases. But this one would be a great alternative if it doesn't weigh much more.

I'd love to know the weight spec; it's not listed on Sweetwater's site.

My admittedly pricy/protective gig bag is about 9 pounds in weight, still less than half of the wooden cases. But this one would be a great alternative if it doesn't weigh much more.

@5Springer to the tolex covered courtesy phone please.

Bathroom scales may answer this question.

Two days in and I’m still discovering things.. didn’t even notice because it’s something I have never used but no locking mechanism or even a way to padlock it yourself, I’m sure this will be a turnoff to lots of people..

Also just noticed another nice little touch on the rubber handle..

Interesting… I wonder if the D1 vs D2 accommodates different neck angles. I noticed that even the S2 and Core 594’s have different neck angles - my S2 594 won’t properly fit in the core 594 case because of it.

Personally, I’d take the nice wooden case and grab one of each of the D1 and D2 if I needed to travel, but I can see it both ways. After all, isn’t it about the guitar, not the case?

Two days in and I’m still discovering things.. didn’t even notice because it’s something I have never used but no locking mechanism or even a way to padlock it yourself, I’m sure this will be a turnoff to lots of people..

Also just noticed another nice little touch on the rubber handle..

What's up with that? I haven't flown since before 9/11...

"Lastly, this case’s biggest innovation is a proprietary latch system that facilitates near-instant access on-demand using mechanics inspired by zip ties. This system not only provides TSA and airport overseers with rapid access, but also renders the case virtually impervious to accidental unlocks for any reason!"

Back