New PRS cases!

5Springer

Grabbed one of the new TSA cases that just came out, love it! Half the weight of the wooden ones and some really nice appointments such as dual storage compartments, blue embroidered interior bird and finally bird logo’s on the exterior! The latches feel good and solid, balances well and the carrying handle is made from a real “grippy” hard rubber .. Love it!

Grabbed one of the new TSA cases that just came out, love it! Half the weight of the wooden ones and some really nice appointments such as dual storage compartments, blue embroidered interior bird and finally bird logo’s on the exterior! The latches feel good and solid, balances well and the carrying handle is made from a real “grippy” hard rubber .. Love it!

Nice

Where are these available from, please?

Oh, damn! These have been sorely needed--and by "sorely," I mean my shoulder from hefting around the other cases for so long. Oh, but I keed, I keed...

1qmngl.jpg

Seriously, though, these appear to be extremely similar to what Fender has been using for a couple decades now. Theirs are VERY light and very protective, as well. (Although, no, not as robustly tough, necessarily, as a tolex or fabric-covered wood case.) Pick your poison, though--do you want comfortable carry or classic looks?

On the Fenders (and I assume on these?), the TSA latches don't give the same exact visual/tactile/audible "clamp" feeling of the older clamps, but once you get used to slapping them closed and hearing them click, you'll feel pretty secure about 'em. And they're way less likely to break in service, unlike the current (old) technology clamps.

Oh, damn! These have been sorely needed--and by "sorely," I mean my shoulder from hefting around the other cases for so long. Oh, but I keed, I keed...

1qmngl.jpg

Seriously, though, these appear to be extremely similar to what Fender has been using for a couple decades now. Theirs are VERY light and very protective, as well. (Although, no, not as robustly tough, necessarily, as a tolex or fabric-covered wood case.) Pick your poison, though--do you want comfortable carry or classic looks?

On the Fenders (and I assume on these?), the TSA latches don't give the same exact visual/tactile/audible "clamp" feeling of the older clamps, but once you get used to slapping them closed and hearing them click, you'll feel pretty secure about 'em. And they're way less likely to break in service, unlike the current (old) technology clamps.
That was my first thought- very similar to a few recent Fender cases I’ve had.

I like the look of these new cases. I saw that Sweetwater had them. They had two different versions. I saw they have different part numbers but the pictures look the same. They both said multi-fit. I am wondering what the difference is in them.

Back