New 2017 SE line-up!

John Mann's Guitar Vault and his SE upgraded locking tuners would get my vote every time.
Thinking about going this route. For a while now I have been saying you don't need locking tuners, but they really are convenient.

Also, really considering a Mann stoptail for my SE. It's not a guitar I would consider selling.

Thinking about going this route. For a while now I have been saying you don't need locking tuners, but they really are convenient.

Also, really considering a Mann stoptail for my SE. It's not a guitar I would consider selling.

That's me on the tuners! Don't NEED lockers, but I'm lazy! :)

Love the MannMade bridge.....times 5!

Did you put one on a SE? Can you really quantify any tonal improvements? Before and after clips?
I did them on the following:
SE Bernie
SE One
Studio
Cu22
SC Ted

I find that there is more "open-ness" and sustain. Things just ring a little clearer, at least to me. Sorry, no before or after clips. Lots of guys on here would chime in though. That was the general consensus on the bridge. That, and the ability to dial in the intonation. I went to 8's, so I needed the ability to do so.

Gotta love the SE line, one of the few low price range brand lines you can be sure will play fine out of the box.
The only ones that don't like them are brand snobs, & guitar techs that rely on setting up new guitars that need tweaking before their owners will feel they are comfortable to play.
The new PRS signature on the headstock?
Not only adds a level of class & style, it also means they're likely to appreciate in value, rather than depreciate.
Could make them the first truly collectable budget priced guitars?!

As an added benefit, John will give you a store credit, or credit the card you use to buy the replacement tuners when you send the original tuners in to him. I have a set on my SE Santana...love 'em.

As an added benefit, John will give you a store credit, or credit the card you use to buy the replacement tuners when you send the original tuners in to him. I have a set on my SE Santana...love 'em.

Cool! Going to look into that ASAP!
^^^V""V^^^

Are the updated pickups being installed on the 2017 SE Standard series as well, or just the SE's?

Picked up a whale blue custom 24 SE today for $100 off Msrp with tax, great guitar for the outlay, selling my USA Gibson les Paul studio like it that much.

Back