New 2017 SE line-up!

I have just ordered an SE 245 2018 and I am really excited with it. One slight concern that I have is what string gauges should be OK for that bridge type (non intonable)? Is it OK to go with 11's? Or have to stick with 10's?

You'll be fine with 11s and the bridge. The nut will be your area of concern. You may have to widen the slots.

Thanks for your feedback.
Well I appologize for expressing myself poorly. My concern was regarding the intonation using 11's, and not having the chance for minor adjustments on that bridge. But you're right, maybe it'll be too thick for the slots on the nut. I guess I'll try 10's and 11's to see my options.

I have just ordered an SE 245 2018 and I am really excited with it. One slight concern that I have is what string gauges should be OK for that bridge type (non intonable)? Is it OK to go with 11's? Or have to stick with 10's?
I’ve had 9s, 10s, and 11s on mine with zero issues. If you do big drop tunings on even heavier strings, you can get adjustable bridges for reasonable prices. You’ll be good, so enjoy the hell out of that guitar...I do!

They’re serious options for those that can buy USA models. :cool:
have to agree! I sold mine beauty 2011 cu24 10top and after a year I realized I'm still missing it. And I decided to try se. Now I have SE CU24 trampas green. I have to say it plays great, if not better than core version. I do not regret the swap at all!

Back