New 2017 SE line-up!

Picked up a whale blue custom 24 SE today for $100 off Msrp with tax, great guitar for the outlay, selling my USA Gibson les Paul studio like it that much.

I've been eyeing that same model for a while now and looking for a place to try it out.

If you don't mind, I wanted to know a bit about it:

How do you find the new pickups?

Do they clean up when you roll the volume down?

How's the sustain of the guitar? good, bad, average?

Any tuning issues from using the Trem?

And is it possible to drop tune without having to set up the guitar again?

Sorry about asking so many questions but I've really wanted to know and not having a place to try it really limits my hands on experience.

I've been eyeing that same model for a while now and looking for a place to try it out.

If you don't mind, I wanted to know a bit about it:

How do you find the new pickups?
Excellent pickups

Do they clean up when you roll the volume down? Not sure I play mostly low volume

How's the sustain of the guitar? good, bad, average? Average sustain I would say, not as much as me SE245 singlecut

Any tuning issues from using the Trem?
Don't use the trem
And is it possible to drop tune without having to set up the guitar again? Dropping tune on trem guitar is a bit of a pain and more buzzing occurs for sure especially with the stock strings

Sorry about asking so many questions but I've really wanted to know and not having a place to try it really limits my hands on experience.

Thank you for the answers! Definitely helped me quite a bit to get an idea about those aspects of the guitar. I think I might look into the PRS SE 245 now or maybe even the SE Standards to find a something with a hardtail.

I should have been more specific but I meant turning down the volume knob on the guitar to get a clean sound. I've seen PRS videos showing that in some guitars where if you play on a crunch or semi high gain channel you can turn the volume knob on the guitar down and get clean or a sort of pushed clean sound.

:)
Thank you for the answers! Definitely helped me quite a bit to get an idea about those aspects of the guitar. I think I might look into the PRS SE 245 now or maybe even the SE Standards to find a something with a hardtail.

I should have been more specific but I meant turning down the volume knob on the guitar to get a clean sound. I've seen PRS videos showing that in some guitars where if you play on a crunch or semi high gain channel you can turn the volume knob on the guitar down and get clean or a sort of pushed clean sound.
Funny you mention the se 245, I traded my custom 24 for an se 245 this week love it!!! Perfect for changing tunings.

Reactions: umo
Funny you mention the se 245, I traded my custom 24 for an se 245 this week love it!!! Perfect for changing tunings.
I enjoy the wide fat neck more, the shorter scale and the volume knob I'm no longer hitting.

That sounds ideal for me. Have you seen Andertons youtube video on the PRS SE Standard range? There's a PRS SE Standard 245 in it that sustains for days!

Got the CU22 for Christmas for my son. It's solid. Tiny buzz on the G when playing around 12th fret. Other than that it plays great.
Sustain is great, but a little less than my Core Santana. Could be the 9's on the SE.

Pickups do clean up with lower volume. I like the 85/15 'S' but would prefer a little more body carve. Was looking to change it out with an S2 CU24 but my son is objecting. The regular would be better for me but the wide thin of the SE is better for him.

Really hoping for some more PRS SE Custom 24 "Floyd" colors in the future...maybe some satins? :D

Anyone know if PRS is planning to release the SE exotic lineup in the USA?
They release unique stuff all the time. The problem is finding out about it, they don't always announce it. You pretty much have to monitor all possible sources of this information, which I found exhausting, so gave up.

New here to the forum. My wife just got me a 2017 SE Zach Myers. Wonderful guitar. Plays as well as guitar that cost 3-4 times as much. Extremely impressed. The only thing Im doing is locking tuners as the vintage ones just dont do it for me. The Klusons look great on my goldtop, just not on this guitar. I also have a 2016 SE 245. The prices on these guitars are just unbelievable. Most of the time you can pick them up cheaper than an epiphone les paul and I feel they are better guitars. The zach myers came out of the box perfectly set up and in tune.

Today is the one-year anniversary of this thread. Perhaps some announcements soon? Today? Tomorrow?

Back