New '18 S2 Studio models.......ship date?

TSims1

So does anyone have an inside scoop on these? I pre-ordered mine and am SO excited I can barely stand it. I'm wondering when on earth they will actually ship.....?

According to my dealer, the original ship date was February 15, however, they were supposedly a week or 2 behind...as of February 27 they were just about ready to start going through QC. My dealer got their order in right when the window opened and I put a deposit on one of the incoming ones so hopefully the first round will start shipping soon.

Just got word from my dealer that my instrument is due to ship out on Monday!

I picked up my s2 studio yesterday and it is HOT. Absolute strat killer (for me at least). There is a learning curve with this instrument as all of the controls are usable throughout their entire range.

That's just not enough, we need more info and pictures!

Y6W3H5GQXVC9heaFRk3np91Ddo6JjdB3diLHIcIXgYI
Picked this beauty up from Wildwood yesterday. It set up real nice and sounds amazing. Ever since I bought my Vela I thought It would be great with a wang bar. This could be a favorite.

I’m new here and it won’t let me post a picture?

You have to upload them to a photo sharing site like Imgur or Flickr. Once you have it uploaded to the 3rd party service, you can copy/paste into your post. I use Imgur. Once you select a pic, a series of links comes up. Chose BB Code. Come to your post, right click, paste...done

Very nice! The same flavour I'm waiting for.

How do you like the different sounds you're getting out of it?

I got mine on Friday.....the black version. I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed.

Positive side:
1. It looks great, weighs and feels great.
2. the bridge humbucker has a nice sound....tight and not too harsh
3. the coil split sounds are very nice and don't sound wimpy
4. Neck, intonation all perfect as expected with PRS

My issues are:

1. the E string slot in the nut is cut too close to the neck edge. This is causing me to roll the E string off of the neck in some cases....I've never had this issue before and was quite surprised to see this...
2. I'm not that excited about the neck pickup sound....its kind of generic....sounds great in middle position with the bridge humbucker, but very blah by itself....maybe ok for a strat sounding neck solo, but has no character.
3. The tremolo has much less action than my other PRS's....it seems very springy; I have to really jam it down to get close to a dive bomb which I can do more easily on other same style tremolos.

For comparison, I have an original PRS 1989 Studio HSS and a SE 2010 Custom 22...(I didn't like the pickups in them either and have swapped them out many times too).

I still love the guitar.....just wondering if I will get the nut replaced and maybe put a mini-humbucker in the bridge at some point....

Reactions: IOI
I got mine on Friday.....the black version. I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed.

Positive side:
1. It looks great, weighs and feels great.
2. the bridge humbucker has a nice sound....tight and not too harsh
3. the coil split sounds are very nice and don't sound wimpy
4. Neck, intonation all perfect as expected with PRS

My issues are:

1. the E string slot in the nut is cut too close to the neck edge. This is causing me to roll the E string off of the neck in some cases....I've never had this issue before and was quite surprised to see this...
2. I'm not that excited about the neck pickup sound....its kind of generic....sounds great in middle position with the bridge humbucker, but very blah by itself....maybe ok for a strat sounding neck solo, but has no character.
3. The tremolo has much less action than my other PRS's....it seems very springy; I have to really jam it down to get close to a dive bomb which I can do more easily on other same style tremolos.

For comparison, I have an original PRS 1989 Studio HSS and a SE 2010 Custom 22...(I didn't like the pickups in them either and have swapped them out many times too).

I still love the guitar.....just wondering if I will get the nut replaced and maybe put a mini-humbucker in the bridge at some point....
Try raising the pickup height closer to the strings. I thought the same when I first got my Vela. Raising it up made it the bomb.

Back