Date inside pickup cavity?

show_a_little_faith

There's nothing like life
I pulled the pickups from my Cores the other day when changing strings, just wanted to get a peek inside. Does anyone know the specific meaning of the date that's stamped inside the neck cavity? I assume it's one of: first carved on CNC, final body sanding, neck glued on, or staining completed. It *looks* like it's put on before the Nitro layers, so I don't think it's that, or anything that comes after that (wiring). Also, for reference, on my 594 the body date is July 14, 2021 and the date from the hang tag is about a month later, August 12, 2021. However, on my HB piezo, the Body date is Sep 28, 2021 but the hang tag is almost 4 moths later, Jan 20, 2022. Also interesting - my S2 Thinline doesn't have a date stamp inside, despite being assembled in the Maryland factory like the Cores. So whatever it signifies, it's only applied to Core and higher it seems.

And yes, I realize this is utterly useless information and such minutia, but hey, I like PRS guitars, and I like knowing obscure stuff! :D

Back