Memories of The Official Porsche Forum

I love VWs, I've had several Type Is, a '70, then a '63 factory sun roof with a 2L Type 4 engine disc brakes adjustable konis etc, then a dunger '67, then a decent '63 + 1835. Dream car is a 356, I think the only way that will happen is to get a VW chassis and 356 kit, stick a Subaru 2L turbo donk in it etc. I'd also love an oval and/or a Karmann Ghia too, and a Type III, and a nice Type II camper and a Amarok and a...

Yup, I love VWs!

Give peas a chance...

imagesca7lvsea.jpg

Last edited:
1260795401_pig-rider_zps63212c97.gif

At the risk of possibly starting another unseemly situation, I have to ask: What is that, a video of Tulsa on a Saturday night?

Lloyd/Goldtop/Texan!
I played a show in downtown Tulsa on a Wednesday once, and let me tell you, this would be a HUGE upgrade to the "nightlife" I witnessed that night. :biggrin:

My father had a white VW Rabbit when I was a kid and we lived in Morocco. Looked just like this.

image_zpsc58c3f70.jpg

My father had a white VW Rabbit when I was a kid and we lived in Morocco. Looked just like this.

image_zpsc58c3f70.jpg

My grandfather bought a blue one just like this in the late 1970s. I was only 3 or 4 but I remember how cool the sunroof was with the hand crank like a window. They liked his so much, they bought another one for my grandmother that was school bus yellow and had a diesel engine. I think it was an '81 or '82, she still had it and drove it when my grandfather died in 1999.

To the best of my memory: B.O. was suspended a couple of times from the old BAM. He was suspended here & then let go. He has been suspended a couple of times from VR. He is currently suspended from TGP.

Does anyone (besides B.O) truly believe that all of these Forums are picking on him or that this is all just bad luck?

To the best of my memory: B.O. was suspended a couple of times from the old BAM. He was suspended here & then let go. He has been suspended a couple of times from VR. He is currently suspended from TGP.

I suspend my B.O. every morning.

mennen_speed_stick_regular__18833_zoom.jpg

Let it go, folks. Those with good memories know about the history and drama. It's now over...

Jamie

image_zpsc58c3f70.jpg

I'm also a fan of the Golf GTD (Mk I Golf was marketed as the Rabbit), the 2013 version gets 56MPG but 0-60 in 7ish seconds.

If I didn't have 2 medium sized dogs I'd be all over this car!

volkswagen-golf-gtd-2.jpg

Back