McCartys... Let's see 'em!

Here’s my 2008 McCarty 2, along side my 2010 HB2. Both outstanding guitars. I don’t use the MVC switch on the McCarty, so it’s effectively a McCarty with an extra switch haha

f61sTCP.jpg

So is there a distinguishing attribute that makes a McCarty a McCarty?
From the web page:

McCARTY MODEL: 1994 - 2007. 2010- Present First 100 signed and numbered, wide-fat 22-fret neck only, East coast maple top, 1/8th of an inch thicker mahogany back, stop-tail, vintage-style tuners until 2010, McCarty pickups until 2007, 57/08 pickups 2010 – 2015, 58/15 pickups 2016- present, East Indian Rosewood Neck option added in 1998.

The combination of all of the above created the McCarty originally. Other McCarty models started here and added options, like different models of the same car, in a sense. The “distinguishing attribute,“ so far as I can tell, is the lineage back to the base model.

I love my PRS McCarty. I for joke told my husband this is what I wanted for my birthday. I circled it with a jumbo black magic marker. I attached it to the calendar in the kitchen front and centre. You couldn’t miss it. My husband went into our local music store and bought it for me. When I opened my birthday card there was the bill of sale. I just about lost my mind. I had to wait a year for it’s arrival(during peak Covid). It was worth the wait!

I love my PRS McCarty. I for joke told my husband this is what I wanted for my birthday. I circled it with a jumbo black magic marker. I attached it to the calendar in the kitchen front and centre. You couldn’t miss it. My husband went into our local music store and bought it for me. When I opened my birthday card there was the bill of sale. I just about lost my mind. I had to wait a year for it’s arrival(during peak Covid). It was worth the wait!

See this is the perfect example of a “Guitar Wife”.

Beauty charcoal!

See this is the perfect example of a “Guitar Wife”.
My husband played guitar before I met him. I wish he still played. We would get nothing done except play if I had my way. I do have mini marathons on the weekend and will play for 6 hours with breaks in between. I really don’t want to do anything else. This is perfect for me.

Beauty charcoal!
It’s not charcoal. It’s some shade of blue I can’t remember exactly the colour reference. I love it but my Parker Nite Fly is my number one go to guitar. It’s weighs in at about 4 lbs. I can fly around, do flips in the air(just kidding). It allows a lot of physical freedom. I can run and jump with it if I want to. I have a 95 standard SG and that sucker is like a boat anchor. I love playing ACDC songs on this. They were made for each other! I have all my guitars set differently. My McCarty is tuned to standard, my Parker is tuned to drop D and my SG is tuned to Eb. I am ready for almost any song that comes my way.

Back