Let's see your big girls/boys ... those thikk Archtops and Jumbos etc

Jo-

f-hole lover
Haven't had a fat bottomed girl thread around here for a while, so let see some of those big girls that you are hoarding.

I'll start with mine..
A 2005 Archtop IV... spruce top/artist maple back an brazzy board. This was apparently the last one to officially leave the factory when they were discontinued (and then I think they did a few more a couple years later, not sure, can't quite remember now. You know things with PRS are never final).

This one sounds like such a beast. I have it strung with 11's with plain G.

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

my second archtop is a 2001 Archtop II in teal black/10 tops
This one sounds beastly too, and it's got More Mojo than most (see back of headstock)
I currently have it strung with 12's with wound G

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

Signed by both Paul and Joe Knaggs ... yes this one has more mojo than all the others!!!
IMG_1762.jpg

and lastly a Paul Jackson Jr JA-15
IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

So let's see your thick ones.

I have a few Big ones. My Jazz Box A 2012 Heritage H575 Custom , Hand Carved , Nitro , Duncan '59's flatwounds .. I have a limited run transblack H535 as well , Gibby's ES-335, Custom Shop ES- 339 and CS-356 , and a '59 Country Gentleman round out that crew

love them for the traditional stuff

Last edited:
Haven't had a fat bottomed girl thread around here for a while, so let see some of those big girls that you are hoarding.

I'll start with mine..
A 2005 Archtop IV... spruce top/artist maple back an brazzy board. This was apparently the last one to officially leave the factory when they were discontinued (and then I think they did a few more a couple years later, not sure, can't quite remember now. You know things with PRS are never final).

This one sounds like such a beast. I have it strung with 11's with plain G.

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

my second archtop is a 2001 Archtop II in teal black/10 tops
This one sounds beastly too, and it's got More Mojo than most (see back of headstock)
I currently have it strung with 12's with wound G

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

Signed by both Paul and Joe Knaggs ... yes this one has more mojo than all the others!!!
IMG_1762.jpg

and lastly a Paul Jackson Jr JA-15
IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

So let's see your thick ones.
Nice.
Makes me miss my ES125.

I've just got one "big boy" (not including flat top acoustics): a Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod, had it for many years. It's not my primary, but it's a nice "change of pace" once in awhile.

BTW- I can't see the pics in the OP. Some kind of error when I try to download them.

IMG-4993.jpg

Here's one for you. (Image from an old ad before I bought 'er.) She's reeal thicc. I put 0.0105 strings on her right away, but wouldn't you know she's a bit less tense and more exciting with a regular ol' set of 0.010s. I played one @ Elderly this past year, too, that played great with some slinky-feeling strings on it.

JbDwogG.jpg

Here's one for you. (Image from an old ad before I bought 'er.) She's reeal thicc. I put 0.0105 strings on her right away, but wouldn't you know she's a bit less tense and more exciting with a regular ol' set of 0.010s. I played one @ Elderly this past year, too, that played great with some slinky-feeling strings on it.

JbDwogG.jpg
Nice

I've posted pics of this guitar before, but I'm happy to trot it out again: 1999 Archtop II, now with 53/10 pickups that I installed years later. Bought in 2009 from our friend Serious Poo, who installed the blingy knobs.

This is not a 10-top, either. Just a regular old production guitar from that time.

Photo credit: David Campbell, who's an even better player than he is a photographer!

2014-01-26-0072_psd.jpg

2014-01-26-0074_psd.jpg

2014-01-26-0076_psd.jpg

I've posted pics of this guitar before, but I'm happy to trot it out again: 1999 Archtop II, now with 53/10 pickups that I installed years later. Bought in 2009 from our friend Serious Poo, who installed the blingy knobs.

This is not a 10-top, either. Just a regular old production guitar from that time.

Photo credit: David Campbell, who's an even better player than he is a photographer!

2014-01-26-0072_psd.jpg

2014-01-26-0074_psd.jpg

2014-01-26-0076_psd.jpg
Nice

Back