In the market for a New Amp - Blistertone? MDT? Dallas?

PRSHB2

I'm in a place where I may be able to get a new amp soon. I can't say the sky is the limit, but let's just say I will be in the $3000+ range. I currently own a Bogner Shiva 1x12 Combo w/ reverb. Carrying this 70lb amp is getting really old, really fast - and really heavy. I absolutely love the clean channel, the gain side rocks my world as well. Here's my question to you guys that have played PRS amps. Is there a PRS amp out there that matches (or surpasses) the clean channel of the Shiva. I know this is all relative and preferences vary, but I'd love to hear what you think.

Thanks!!!

IMO... every PRS player deserves to hear their guitar through a high-quality EF86/EL84 amp at least once.

So whatever you get, try one of these before you spend your cash.

Might be a fun PRS CAD project! :cool:

I agree with the CAD option. Start with a Dallas & get Doug to give you the CR Mod. Big Ass clean headroom with excellent note bloom. It completely changed the character of my Dallas. It can roar & it can get slinky, skanky, funky clean tones. Plus mine has the BEST tremolo ever!! :ugeek:

Quick Update: I ended up working out a trade deal and am picking up a Two Rock - Eric Gales Sig amp with EL34 power tubes. Just a head, so I will be getting a cab to go with it. If it wins me over then the Shiva will be on the market in time.

To answer your question, I lean heavily towards a 2-channel amp.

Back