Hollowbody ii tone issues

Alright I win idiot of the day. Received the HB II and finally got to run it through the paces. I too noticed it being very bright. I also noticed as I toggled through the pickups there was no noticeable different in tone. Didn't seem like the piezo worked too well either. Decided to do the split pickup and realized I had plugged the cable into piezo only. Fixed that and still had an issue of the piezo not working. Being the genius I am I realized I was a . using the wrong volume control and the piezo switch the wrong way. All was fixed and now this may be my go to guitar. Love everything about it. Thanks for letting me stay on the board. Pics to follow soon

Alright I win idiot of the day. Received the HB II and finally got to run it through the paces. I too noticed it being very bright. I also noticed as I toggled through the pickups there was no noticeable different in tone. Didn't seem like the piezo worked too well either. Decided to do the split pickup and realized I had plugged the cable into piezo only. Fixed that and still had an issue of the piezo not working. Being the genius I am I realized I was a . using the wrong volume control and the piezo switch the wrong way. All was fixed and now this may be my go to guitar. Love everything about it. Thanks for letting me stay on the board. Pics to follow soon

I have Custom 22 with Piezo. I did exactly the same thing. You are not alone! However when you finally hear the thing working, it makes up for the moment of stupidity :)

Just noticed this thread. Are you running the Mag and Piezo tones through the one cable, or are you wearing two cables for each input? I highly recommend running the additional cable on the piezo out to your board or unit. The separated piezo tone adds a whole dimension to the guitar's sound. If you haven't tried it, enjoy!

Thanks viper I am currently just running one cable but only because I don't want to lug the other amp into the room. I did hook up a little practice amp so I know it works

Back