PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo Mods

BillC1977

Hey everyone. Recent owner of a Hollowbody II. I'm an unabashed tinkerer, and I am always looking for ways to improve my guitars. I'm wondering if anyone has ever converted their Hollowbody II Piezo controls to VVT with a soundhole piezo volume control. I've got a set of nice PAF clones that I want to try in it, and I'd like to switch to two volume and a master tone control. Thanks!

Hey everyone. Recent owner of a Hollowbody II. I'm an unabashed tinkerer, and I am always looking for ways to improve my guitars. I'm wondering if anyone has ever converted their Hollowbody II Piezo controls to VVT with a soundhole piezo volume control. I've got a set of nice PAF clones that I want to try in it, and I'd like to switch to two volume and a master tone control. Thanks!

In short no, but we all love threads with photos that will show your tinkering.

Hopefully someone else will chime in. I’m pretty sure I remember someone here doing some mods to an SE Hollowbody.

I have not seen it done. For me, it would be annoying to play that way. I use my volume knobs a lot. I have played my piezo equipped PRS at a decent number of gigs and not being able to quickly adjust that volume would drive me nuts. With an acoustic guitar, like those volume knobs are typically on, you usually set it and forget it.

Back