Hello and deperate Question about a rare PRS Wood Library Model (true or false Guitar...)

Besides that I found here in Europe that one here ..:) That doesent make the Things easier...:confused::) Its used as well, but in an excellent condition.

prs-usa-standard-22-stoptail-black-birds-10-black.jpg

prs-usa-standard-22-stoptail-black-birds-12.jpg

That looks really nice! A lot closer, too!

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the “rare” thing; WL guitars aren’t really all that unusual, though those specs with the ebony fretboard are a bit more unusual than most.

In terms of the tone of the wood, WL is the same as any Core model; dealers usually pick them for the figure, but since that one’s black, it doesn’t really matter.

Not sure what “KID” is...maybe the seller means it’s one of the Korina Limited models, and just didn’t use the right initials?

So, a few questions, not a ton of answers.

True Words, but the 22 and the 24 Fret standards, are here in Europe really rare. I am also asking myself, why the production of those models was generally discontinued.

Well I would love to buy it...:rolleyes::D But I have to keep a cool head and make a financial calculation. Ive alread wrote an mail to the merchant and will call the State Duty Guys for the pricing on that.
There is also this news what causes headache to me...Right now and in future if I purchase guitars abroad..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/12/guitar-makers-hit-hard-by-new-regulations-on-prized-rosewood.html

Right! No issues getting one posted since it's ebony! It almost feels like it's meant to be! That might push me(if I were you) to snap this one up ASAP. I mean, it's badass. PRS \m/ pickups ROCK in standards by the way. I have them in a McCarty standard.[/QUOTE]

If thats true..,that would be a very good news for me..Because Ive heard already weird stories about people, who paid Guitars from abroad here to Europe for themselfes and couldn´t receive them for Months, because of the
Duty officialdom. Which means: They needed paid printed forms for import and export and nobody told them before about that issue. Thanks for the information!

Yeah, I discoverd hat while calling the official PRS-Serviceman in England, cos I was a bit afraid of a PRS guitar for children.:rolleyes:

They get the best stuff. 99 times outta 100 when I see something that knocks me out it’s from them.

I don’t know about PRS for children but... I’m sure KID has no problem luring middle aged men into the back of their van.:eek:

They get the best stuff. 99 times outta 100 when I see something that knocks me out it’s from them.

I don’t know about PRS for children but... I’m sure KID has no problem luring middle aged men into the back of their van.:eek:
:eek:;)

You mean the company?

Would definitely check out how much import taxes would be. I sent my father a guitar for a Christmas present last year from here in Japan to the U.K. and he got charged full VAT plus import duty for it even though it was labeled as a gift. Sorry don’t want to put a dampener on your purchase just wouldn’t like you to get any unexpected charges !

Would definitely check out how much import taxes would be. I sent my father a guitar for a Christmas present last year from here in Japan to the U.K. and he got charged full VAT plus import duty for it even though it was labeled as a gift. Sorry don’t want to put a dampener on your purchase just wouldn’t like you to get any unexpected charges !

Thanks, Ive already checked that at the begining. The Import Duty here is 3,7 % on the whole amount. Ant the VAT is 19% on the whole price including shipping. Ont the other hand PRS-Core Line-Guitars are generally painfully more expensive in Europe than in the US or Japan. My main problem remains still, that after calling te official Duty authorities, they couldn´t tell me clearly if I need an export bill from Japan and import bill to Europe due the woods on that Guitar. Its an Ebony Fretboard but it still remains tricky. Ive received a 6 Pages long list from them with exotical woodnames. Ebony from Madagaskar is also listed there...Then I found this Information on the Japanese merchants page and I have no clue
how much exactly he wants from me additionaly.

*8% Japanese sales tax deduction for all overseas customers.
*Additional 2,800yen - Customs clearance fee(CCF) for over 200,000yen order.
*Additional 4,000yen - Handling charge(HC) for Bank wire transfer.
*The secure link will be sent to your email for Credit Card payment.

[Quick calculation]
Total = Price ÷ 1.08 + shipping + (CCF) + (HC)

Its pretty frustrating, because I just only want to purchase an guitar..:confused::rolleyes:

Today I´ve received the responding Mail from the japanese Merchant. There is one line, which I don´t understand fully..
Maybe someone can tell me, what exactly this guy mean with that line::confused:

"We are able to lower the invoice to avoiding pay customs fees, but you should know transport insurance to be applied only to its price. Please indicate the declared price."

??

Today I´ve received the responding Mail from the japanese Merchant. There is one line, which I don´t understand fully..
Maybe someone can tell me, what exactly this guy mean with that line::confused:

"We are able to lower the invoice to avoiding pay customs fees, but you should know transport insurance to be applied only to its price. Please indicate the declared price."

??

They’re willing to lie about the price so you’ll be able to cheat your government out of money on fees but, that means it’ll be insured for that price too. So if anything happens to it in transit you won’t get the full price you actually paid back from insurance.

They’re willing to lie about the price so you’ll be able to cheat your government out of money on fees but, that means it’ll be insured for that price too. So if anything happens to it in transit you won’t get the full price you actually paid back from insurance.

Thank you very much Senor. That was the direction what I was thinking, what he could have meant. It´s not worth the risk and trouble. I wrote him already back. But there is still a big chance, that I will purchase that guitar normally. After my calculations the price seems still "okay" for european price standards. I´ve requested some pictures for that guitar to see the "small tear and wear signs", because I cant see nothing on their shop site. Besides this I have to make one further call to the local authorities about the CITES stuff, because even Ebony Wood from Madagaskar is listed on the newest CITES list. And that Guitar has a Ebony fretboard instead of Rosewood.

Back